Penalty Rate 125%

jokhor@hotmail.com
jokhor@hotmail.com Member Posts: 4 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, I created a new Overtime earning item of 'Time and a quarter' rate however I cannot tick Tax applicable box. I am not sure why. If I use this earning, the ATO is unable to receive this earning after declaration. I am not sure if this has to do with the Tax applicable box. Can someone please help. Thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @jokhor@hotmail.com

I've just went through some testing to try and replicate what you're experiencing but haven't been able to. Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App (currently v2.12.9)? If not, grab the latest update from your app store and try again.

What is happening specifically when you attempt to create this pay run and tick the tax option? ie. are you encountering an error message or is anything happening on-screen at all?

See screen recording below -

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jokhor@hotmail.com

Hi Rav, thanks for your reply. I reinstalled the app. The Tax Applicable box is disabled for 'Time and a quarter' earning item.

Another strange thing I discovered was the employee that has the 'Time and a quarter' earning, the Pay run summary Gross earnings didn't capture this 'Time and a quarter' amount. However the Net pay total amount did include 'Time and a quarter' amount. The correct amount of Earnings & leave was shown for that employee.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

The Tax Applicable box is disabled for 'Time and a quarter' earning item.

You've already used this item in a pay run, is that correct?

If not, can you delete that item you created and then create it again using the same steps in my screen recording.. which I assume you were doing in the first place though so its a bit strange. 😕

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jokhor@hotmail.com

Hi Rav, I deleted the item and recreate. Everything works fine now. Thank you for your help.