Quicken 2002SE Personal Plus data

Options

Our old version of Quicken 2002SE Personal Plus cannot open the data file. The program and data (23MB file) has been going from 2002. Is there a way to migrate the data to a current version of Quicken or Reckon? I understand Quicken is no longer available in Oz. The data is very basic and we only require it for keeping a record of personal and household accounts.

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Is that "Quicken 2002 SE Personal Plus" that you are currently using one that was purchased in Australia (ie. AU version, not USA or Canada version)?

In Australia the software previously sold under the "Quicken" name is now sold under the "Reckon Accounts Personal Range" name. https://www.reckon.com/au/personal/

If the file is an Australian version, are you still able to open your data file with your Quicken 2002 software?

Typically for older version software such as from the 2002 software, the data file would first need to be upgraded to the 2004 format before the current 2021 software can recognise and open it.

If you are not in a hurry, you can request a data service by completing the web form so we can provide you with instructions on how to send us your data file set to undergo analysis.

https://www.reckon.com/au/support/data-services/

• mkm0043
    mkm0043 Member Posts: 5
    Options

It was purchased in Australia, so presume it is the Australian software and data versions. We have had no problems until now as the program comes up with a message that it is unable to open the file with Quicken 2002SE Personal. We understand that we have been running the gauntlet continuing to use such and old platform, but would like to upgrade with a new subscription and continue to access all existing data if possible

We only use the software for personal use, so not super critical, but would like to access old data asap (last data entered 18 July 2021, so the wife who manages it is getting a bit anxious) and upgrade to whatever platform is most appropriate. I will check out the Data Services Tip and, if needed, fill out the form for sending data set. I have multiple old back ups and copies of data files when I have changed computers, however think I know which is the most recent data. I may need some help to identify properly what needs to be sent though. Thanks for your help.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

If your data file is not on a local computer hard drive such as if it is on:

a) An external HDD

b) A DropBox or other cloud file storage location

c) A USB flash drive

Create a folder on your local hard drive (normally the C: drive)

Copy the file onto the local hard drive location

Example: C:\Data

Open the file that is on the C: drive folder

Confirm whether the file opens in your Quicken 2002SE software

• mkm0043
    Options

Hi,

I followed the above and copied the Quicken data file from OneDrive to the C drive on my wife's computer (where the Quicken software resides) with no success. The same error messages appeared.

Chris Flynn

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Hi Chris

Is the software installed on your hard drive too?

With the data file can you make sure there is a folder under your username / my documents called "Quicken" and then RESTORE the data file to that location.

Please let me know if you need further help.

robyn@robynkelly.com.au

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

Hi Chris,

Send us a copy of the data file set as per the email we have sent you.

• mkm0043
    Options

Hi,

I've spend a lot of time trying to send additional files, but can't find all the ones required with the correct info you require, and the link you sent won't allow me to send anything again. I am extremely frustrated

• mkm0043
    Options

Hi Robyn,

I tried to send all the info to you as the upload page I got to wanted a specific name and email and then it wouldn't send, saying I need to log in as a Reckon user, which I though I was. I could only find the Qdata.QDF and Qdata.QSD files with the last entry date (18/7/2021). The other files Qdata.QEL and Qdata.QPH had different earlier dates. There is no Qdata.RKN file as we hadn't backed up for a long time thinking my data was backed up by being in OneDrive

In essence I do not have the software on my laptop because it is on a CD and I don't have a CD player on my laptop. My wife does all the data entry on her laptop which does have a CD player (older laptop). She relies on me to solve all her technical issues, but this has me stumped, this time around.

I can send the files I have, if someone can guide me how to.

Chris

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Hi Chris

Data Recovery & their suggestions and request for you to upload your file was totally separate to my suggestions. So I am thinking you are trying to upload your files to @Data Rec - so I will let them reply to you on that matter.

You should be able to save the complete CD onto a USB. Then with the USB take it to the other computer and copy the whole installation to a folder on your desktop. Then install the software onto the other computer. I am thinking this is your issue, that the software is not installed on your computer.

Regards, Robyn Kelly