$0 amounts showing on ATO Declaration when trying to submit?

Options
neil62
neil62 Member Posts: 5 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I've completed the pay run with all the amounts shown correctly, but when I go to submit the Declaration to ATO, all the amounts revert to zero dollars? Help!!!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @neilsalmon62

I can't say that I've seen something like what you've described as yet.

Just to confirm, are you using the latest version of the Payroll App, currently v2.12.14?

Is this happening to ALL employees included within that pay run? Are you creating the pay run as just a normal pay run or are you selecting the 'Adjustment' option?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• neil62
    Options

Hi Rav. Not sure if I'm using the latest version and it's only happening to one out of two employees. That employee being me. I only pay myself a small monthly wage and I do it this time of the month. It all looks good as a pay run with the figures correct, but as soon as I go to submit declaration it shows a zero pay figure. I go back to last screen being pay run and it's showing the correct amounts again? I only noticed this issue yesterday when doing pay run and about to submit to ato. I didn't submit it and looked back at last month's dec to ATO and found it showing zero figure too. Have tried submitting an adjustment to ato for that one but still shows zero amounts. All good with other employee pay runs and declarations to ATO. Not sure what to do?

• neil62
    Options

Rav, would this problem have anything to do with the pay period being from the 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, but do pay run and submitting declaration to ATO on the 8th of the month?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Neil,

The pay period and pay date shouldn't make an impact such as what you've described.

Can you do me a favour and logout of your Payroll App account, use the 'Logout' option in the Settings section and then close the app down fully ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, go into your app store and check if there are any available updates for the Payroll App that you're able to download. If there are, go ahead and grab it and update the app to the latest version.

Reopen the Payroll App and log back in. Delete that particular pay run and then create a brand new one and confirm if the same pattern of behaviour repeats itself.

If it does, can you shoot me your ABN and also some screenshots or even a screen recording of the process you're going through in a Private Message.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Janine Attwood-Graham
    Janine Attwood-Graham Member Posts: 35 ✭
    Options

Neil - I had the very same issue in July... it happened to 15 out of 25 employees.... I called the Reckon Technicial Support Helpline and the tech I got was awesome - after I explained the issue and he logged in remotely and could see for himself - I stayed on the line with him while he did behind the scenes tech stuff and he had it all sorted within 45 mins. It appears to be an interface issue - as in the payroll run and STP report have a couple of issues....

• neil62
    Options

Hi Rav. I've done what you asked: logged out and yes, updated app. Reopened and deleted the pay run and created new run. Get through pay run no worries and go to declaration screen, but again shows $0.00. Obviously I didn't send STP declaration to ATO. I've got last month's declaration to adjust and this month needs doing too. Not sure how to send those requests to you as private message either Rav. Cheers Neil.

Also, thanks Janine for your response to know I'm not the only one that's had this problem. Cheers Neil.

• Rav
    edited August 2021
    Options

Got your PM Neil, thanks for that. I've just flicked you back a reply.

@Janine Attwood-Graham can I just confirm, are you using the Payroll App on your mobile like Neil is when you experienced this or some other Reckon software?

• Janine Attwood-Graham
    Janine Attwood-Graham Member Posts: 35 ✭
    Options

Hi Rav

Nope - have never used the APP on mobile - I'm using ReckonOne via website/desktop - Reckon Customer Portal.

• neil62
    Options

Hi Rav. I believe I've fixed the problem. I removed my custom Earning setting and used the Casual setting instead. Bingo, looks like it went through fine. Even did an adjustment declaration for last month and it went through too. Didn't like my custom setting I suppose?

I'll see how it goes next time I submit?

Thanks and cheers.