Migrate Old files from old app

Options
Amit
Amit Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I forgot to migrate Old files of 2020 into New version of app now what can I do to recover the Old files

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Amit,

When you signed into the Payroll App initially, did you decline the option to migrate?

Has your account already been created and/or have you created any payruns/submissions etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amit
    Options

Well I never had an option to migrate because I had both the app from beginning but I wasn't using the new one but when I got the email that the old one is retiring then I started using the new one straight away from 1st July and yes I have already run 5 pay run in the new app.

Actually I had Old app in my old phone where I could see everything but I just broken.

I just need the Old files to give them to my accountant

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

If you've already setup your account and created pay runs in the new Payroll App then unfortunately you won't be able to migrate any data from the old STP app as we're not able to copy existing date over the top of any new data. You'll need to start fresh on the new Payroll App moving forward.

Well I never had an option to migrate because I had both the app from beginning but I wasn't using the new one

When was the account with the Payroll App setup? Did you sign in to the Payroll App using the same email address and password that you use for your STP app account? If you did, there will have been an option to ask whether or not you want to migrate when it was first created. The option to migrate is only offered once so if it was declined at some stage previously ie. when the account was first created it won't appear a subsequent time.

Also, just to clarify, there are no 'files' in your STP app account that you can export from it as its just a sending STP app data that you're inputting to the ATO. The records of the submissions will be accessible in the ATO Access Manager Portal if you have access to it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amit
    Options

MY All the employee saying that income statement not tax ready and don't know how to Fix

The New app is working completely fine and doesn't give the message in my gov that income statement not tax ready

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

It appears you did not run the EOFY 2020-21 Finalisation report. That would have made the employee's income statement tax ready in the ATO Mygov portal. But since the payruns for 2020-21 were done in old STP app and never migrated to the new Payroll App this report can only be run from the old STP app. Considering this is no longer accessible due to broken phone, you accountant will have to generate a manual Payment Summary for 2020-21 for the employees. Assuming all the Payruns for 2020-21 were correctly reported through STP (i.e., no errors) you can suggest to the employees to print the 2020-21 income statements (assuming you are their only source of income which you can give to your accountant instead to create the manual Payment summaries.

Alternatively, the simplest option is to call the ATO business helpline and explain the situation. They may accept your genuine circumstances and update the income statement to Tax Ready. That solves the problem.

• Rav
    Options

Currently you should still be able to download the last version of the STP app you had before it was delisted/removed from the app store.

It depends on your app store but check out the 'My Apps' or 'Previously installed apps' section in your app store.

I personally use Android so in my case, I'd open the Play Store ➡️ Profile ➡️ Manage Apps and Devices ➡️ Manage

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

@Amit As employer you have to finalise FY 2021 for employees. 1st problem is you don’t have access to old STP App to perform finalisation. 2nd problem is Payroll App does not have FY 2021 figures for finalisation.

I wonder whether you can see FY 2021 figures in payroll.reckon.com . If the 2021 Pay Summaries are there then 2nd problem is solved. In Payroll App update employee FY 2021 initial YTD with Pay Summary figures in payroll.reckon.com . Then submit EOFY from Payroll App for FY 2021.

Good luck.