Migrate data from Reckon Quickbooks Accounting 2010/11 to Reckon One

Options
yacatac
yacatac Member Posts: 2

I have a 30 day trial of Reckon One but if I can't migrate my existing datafile across, it might not be the right programme choice.

What options are there for converting from QB Accounting?

Best Answer

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you move to a desktop version, which is more expensive, you can easily move your data file over

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @yacatac

Data migration is a fairly significant undertaking in the process of transitioning over. As there is also a cost associated with it (depending on your requirements) we recommend that you only commit to migration once you've fully given Reckon One a test drive to review its capabilities, features and workflows and are happy to proceed with it.

There is a demo book that you can use which contains dummy data for you to play around with. Alternatively, you can add your own new data into the book you're currently trialing.

I'll link some more info to data migration to Reckon One below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Adrian_10861896
    Adrian_10861896 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I have a similar issue with Reckon Accounts 2013. Laptop died so had to upgrade to a new one which has Windows 10 OS - apparently RA2013 isn't compatible with Windows 10 so was advised to subscribe to Reckon One on;y ot then be advised I can't import/ transfer data from RA2013 to Reckon One.

Is this still the case?

I run a small mowing business so not sure I want to be spending heaps via 3rd party conversions etc

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You can’t reinstall those old versions, and the data cannot be migrated easily to Reckon One, only Reckon desktop, which is all subscription based. Sorry

• yacatac
    yacatac Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for your comments