Successful submission in Payroll app not showing up in ATO transactions

luce
luce Member Posts: 6 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

I successfully migrated to the new app in June. On 20 June 2021 I submitted an Update event via the Payroll app (my final entry for FY). The app is showing "Success" next to the event. However on my ATO Business STP transactions, the 20 June entry does not appear. As this was my one and only entry since migrating to the new app, seems like my link to ATO not carried over with migration. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭

Payroll App cannot submit update event, only pay run and EOFY. I guess you have submitted EOFY on 20 June 2021. In Business Portal the EOFY is shown as an update event (no numerics).

• luce

Thanks Joseph. Sorry, it was an Adjustment, so that should show up as a Pay event on ATO (as per previous adjustments I've done). I haven't done EOFY yet, as I can't until I work out why this Pay event isn't showing up on ATO when Payroll App says submission was successful.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

I am guessing when your mention adjustment Payrun is not showing on ATO you are referring to your Business ATO portal STP transaction. It is possible Adjustment transactions are not shown there. One way to confirm the correct YTD amounts is to verify if the employee ATO Income statement is showing the correct amount and it matches the EOFY Summary in Payroll App. If these match then you run the EOFY 2020-21 Payrun from Payroll app which will finalise the Employee ATO Income statement.

• Joseph Li

@luce Edit/adjust a previously submitted pay run would create an update event. So Business Portal should show update event (no numerics).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@luce as Joseph has mentioned, adjustments (also known as Update Events) adjust employee data only ie. there is no employer component to those update event submissions which is why it only shows that an entry has been received in the ATO Business Portal but doesn't show the detail ie. balances/figures.

Employee data however on the other hand gets updated so when they login to their MyGov they'll see whatever was modified.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• luce

Thanks, but that is the problem - the 20 June update isn't showing on ATO Business Portal (without the figures). The last transaction showing there is 21 May, however on Payroll App - the 20 June shows as successfully submitted.

20 June was my only entry after migrating to the new Payroll app (and no pay run since).

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@luce sorry to hear you are still having issues with a payrun adjustment you executed for June 2021 using the payroll app after migrating across from the old STP app.

As I mentioned in my previous comment on this thread - the important thing at this stage is to establish whether there is any discrepency in the Employee YTD summary for 2020-21 in the payroll app and the Employee income statement in the ATO Mygov portal of the employee.

An adjustment payrun can only be issued from the Payroll app if there is already a Payrun submitted previously. As you are mentioning the only Payrun created by you from Payroll app in 2020-21 was an Adjustment payrun on 20 June which is not possible to be treated as such unless you were applying the Adjustment on a previously submitted Payrun. (which you have not). In Payroll app there Payrun page shows two tabs - Payrun and STP. Does your 20 June payrun appear in both tabs and if so, what is that status in each tab?

• Joseph Li

@luce If 2021 Pay Summary is correct you should go ahead with EOFY which will overwrite employee myGov income statement with Payroll App Pay Summary figures. Time is running out for 2021 finalisation.