Reckon Payroll App

Options
Farmer02
Farmer02 Member Posts: 15 ✭

Q1.We employ shearers and Shed Hands 1 or 2 times a year so pay frequency is not relevant, but on the app needs to be imputed to complete employee. How do i solve this.

Q2. Shearers are paid per sheep and Shed Hands per run (ie 4 runs per day). Will this app be updated for this situation? Or how do I do a payrun for this situation

Comments

• Farmer02
    Options

Hi Rav,

Can you help? I do understand the Phase 2 requirements. Will there be an option for pay frequency for employees that only work for you 1 or 2 times a year, and not paid an hourly rate but are paid per sheep according to the shearing industry rates.

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

Q1. You can set pay frequency to monthly. That does not mean there has to be at least one pay per month. Some months can have no pay run at all. I do not pay regular wages on Payroll App, employees pay frequency are set to monthly.

Q2. Hourly rate can be per sheep rate or per run rate.

Have fun.

• Farmer02
    Options

Thank you.

I did think to use the App like that but wasn't quite sure if it would be ok.

• roonat
    roonat Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Options

Anyone got any suggestions for shearers?

Sometimes I am paying them for crutching/shearing/rams so the rate per sheep varies. Need to be able to just put in the gross payment figure (like we could before).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2021
    Options

@roonat

You can create custom earning items in the Payroll App so you could potentially create some that suit your situation and then add one or multiple of them in a pay run if/when it suits.

For example, in my screenshot below I'm using multiple earning items in the one pay run for employee Edward which all have differing earning rates.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• roonat
    roonat Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Options

Thanks Rav. I will try that. Not ideal but may be the only way to get it to work.

• NP1
    NP1 Member Posts: 7 ✭
    Options

Rav

Your example still states 2 hrs, 1 hr, 2 hrs.

Can the above be changed to show the number of sheep NOT the number of hours?

150 sheep @ $3.50 per sheep = Gross $525

So Base Rate says $3.50 & instead of 150 hrs it says 150 units or 150 sheep?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @NP1

The Payroll App has gone through a number of updates since my example above and an option you could look at doing is creating your own custom earnings item, in particular a 'Variable' earning item.

This item type allows you to select 'other unit' as the basis of the pay rate eg. you could use it for number of sheep for example. I'll add a couple of example screenshots below, the first is how I setup my variable earning item and the second is how it looks when used in a pay run.

If you do create a custom earnings item, ensure that you set it up correctly for tax and super. Tax applicable MUST be ticked in order for it to not only generate tax but also be reported as part of STP. (Tax can be overriden within the individual pay run if required).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NP1
    NP1 Member Posts: 7 ✭
    Options

Thankyou. I'll try that.

• Cindy_10864324
    Cindy_10864324 Member Posts: 1 ✭
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi

Sheep per head - Trying to set pay rate basis won't let me change from hourly to other unit

Can anyone help

Think i have worked it out

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Cindy

Just checking in to see if you got this working?