Change of ABN and company details

excelgroup
excelgroup Member Posts: 3
edited September 2021 in Reckon One

I mistakenly set up the STP with the trustee company and its ABN and now I need to change it back to the family trust and its ABN. Please advise how to rectify it in Reckon One. Thanks

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @excelgroup

Have there been any submissions sent under this incorrect ABN?

If there have, you'll need to bring the total balances sent back down to zero before we can make any changes in relation to the ABN and I'll link some info below on to do this -

If there haven't been any submissions sent then I can delete the ABN from your account outright.

Either way, let me know the current (incorrect) ABN that you've registered in your account and I'll check it out on my end.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• excelgroup

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your reply. The ABN of the wrong company is 90 169 878 700. There is submissions to ATO since July 2019. Our accountant and ATO have advised me to set up and migrate all pay events to the new Reckon account under the trust (ABN: 49 025 938 702).

Please advise me step by step to get this right.

Many thanks, Janet

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Janet,

Our accountant and ATO have advised me to set up and migrate all pay events to the new Reckon account

The STP submissions that have been sent to the ATO already belong to that specific ABN, in this case an incorrect one. They cannot be transferred or migrated to any other ABN.

If these submissions are incorrect/invalid, then in order to effectively 'cancel them out' you'll need to bring the totals back to zero by performing the nil submission process in the guide I linked to in my previous reply.

I can see that ABN 49 025 938 702 has been registered in a separate account recently and there is also a Reckon One book in that account also. Is this the correct setup for this ABN?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• excelgroup

Hi Rav

For the newly registered Reckon One book is for the trust which belongs to the ABN 49 025 938 702 (correct entity) and it is where the payroll STP should be.

I have manually entered and duplicated all the pay events that were held and submitted from the previous STP account and put into the new account and await submission to ATO.

Thanks