Govtconnect

Options

I recently received information to update payroll for 2020/2021 tax year from a client using the payroll function of Accounts Hosted.

When I submitted the payroll data for July 2020 via Govtconnect I received an error message starting with "the value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "", item type = string, etc. This finally ended with Hint: The actual length is less than the MinLength value.

Is this something which can be fixed within Accounts hosted to rectify the error?

Has this been a problem for anyone?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Tony,

This error message usually means there is missing/incomplete information in Reckon Accounts Hosted which is preventing the submission from going through successfully.

I'd recommend jumping back into Hosted and checking the fields in the 'Company Information' section including phone number, email address, address etc.

Also, its a good idea to check the same sorts of things in the employee profile information.

Once you've reviewed this and corrected any missing info, recreate the pay submission file and send it through GovConnect again.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony_9489055
    Tony_9489055 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for the tip.

I went into the company file and employee files and filled in whatever looked blank.

I also deleted the branch number of 001 and then resubmitted a month of pay.

The result was "success" this time rather than "error".