Manually inputting super guarantee

Birgitt
Birgitt Member Posts: 3 ✭

I need to override the super guarantee only calculating after $450 is reached.

I need to be able to pay it on any amount.

Is there a way I can do this in the free payroll app.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Birgitt

The requirement for super to be paid on earnings below $450 hasn't passed into legislation yet (info from the ATO below)

With that said though, we've heard the feedback from who users opt to pay super regardless of the threshold and our app teams are looking into incorporating this into the Payroll App in the near future. This will come through as part of a larger payroll project that needs to happen though so it will be a little way off at this stage.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Birgitt
    Birgitt Member Posts: 3 ✭

The Australian shearers award includes a provision that they are paid super on all earnings.

So I need to be able to amend the super guarantee to reflect this.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Birgitt At this stage as the legislation to amend the compulsory super payment wage threshold has not been passed there should be no requirement to report it in STP to ATO. However, that does not prevent you from making the payment into the employees super fund when the wages are under $450 per month.

Any additional superannuation payments imposed by Industrial Awards is not a Reportable super according to ATO. So a zero reporting for Superannuation in STP is ok and within the law. Obviously things will change once the $450 wage limit for compulsory Super is amended in law.