Migrate from Reckon Accounts plus 2021 to Reckon One

Options
rita
rita Member Posts: 10

I use Reckon Accounts plus 2021 and would like to migrate to Reckon One.

Reckon One can migrate data free for

• Chart of accounts list
  • Customer list
  • Supplier lists
  • Items list

But the free standard data migration does not include account, customer or supplier balances, and any individual transactions such as bills, invoices, cheques, etc.

My questions are:

1. after the free migration by Reckon tech team, what will be the proper steps for me to complete the book?
  2. Do I manually enter transactions from 1 July 2021 to migration date?
  3. Do I manually input open balance for each account, such as bank balance as of 1 July 2021? or as of migration date?

Any experience shared is much appreciated. thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Can I ask what is your reason for wanting to move to Reckon One? It is cheaper but doesn’t have the same features of Reckon Accounts, but then you may no longer need those features

• rita
    Options

My accountant suggest that I should move to online system, such as Xero.

I found out Reckon One is much cheaper than Xero.

My book does not have much transactions, mainly interest income and property maintenance, rates, expenses etc. No payroll. so just for creating BAS.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Ok fair enough, although I think accountants should accommodate clients not the other way around, but if it suits you I can understand

• rita
    Options

Reckon One is also much cheaper than Reckon Desktop subscription fee.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Yes but of course you get what you pay for, and maybe it’s enough, good luck, I’m sorry I can’t help with the data migration, you might have to ring sales. Once your file is setup you will have to enter balances from balance sheet items, banks and other assets from the accountants balance sheet and then manually enter transactions from 1/7. If this is to satisfy the accountant let him advise you as to what balances he needs. Good luck

• rita
    Options

Thank you, Kris_Williams