unexpected error saving a billable timesheet record

Options
David Morris
David Morris Member Posts: 14

Has anyone come across an unexpected error saving a billable timesheet record? That's just started for me, and is currently blocking me from billing clients for December.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi David,

We were experiencing some loading issues for a little bit but I believe it should now be resolved for the most part.

Can I get you to logout of Reckon One and close your browser before retrying.

Let me know if you still experience the same behaviour and if so, can I grab a screenshot of the error message.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David Morris
    Options

Thanks. I tried that, but it still happens (see attached screen grab)

attached.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me David and sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Can I get you to test it out again when you have a chance today and let me know if its still persisting for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David Morris
    Options

Thanks. Have tried again. Including signing out, fully quitting and restarting browser, and signing back in again. In both Safari and Chrome. Sadly, same problem. The 'unexpected error' still happens.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for trying David and really sorry to hear its still causing you grief.

I've just been having a word with our Product Manager about your issue and we did some testing to see if we can replicate your issue but unfortunately weren't able to.

We need to narrow this down a bit further and do a bit of further troubleshooting at this stage. Are you able to create this with one item at a time and see if the error appears for you depending on the service item being entered. The rationale here is that its potentially one of the items rather than the timesheet itself that is causing the error to be thrown up.

Obviously you don't have to do this on yourself, one of technicians can step and assist here if you give our Reckon One tech support team a buzz when you have a moment.

• David Morris
    Options

Thanks. Based on further research, it appears that it is to do with the Billable option. See below for the variations I have tried to uncover this.

1. In the single day view, the billable checkbox does not work at all (see below)
    2. In the week view, the billable option does work, but fails going back earlier than Nov 22

Day view

• Saves OK: single time record + single activity + (today) Dec 16
    • Saves OK: single time record + single activity + single client + (today) Dec 16
    • Does not work: cannot make the entry billable -- when I click the checkbox it collapses the edit (as if I had clicked somewhere else on the screen) and it remains non-billable

Week view

• Saves OK: single time record + single activity + single client + billable + (today) Dec 16
    • Saves OK: single time record + single activity + single client + billable + (yesterday) Dec 15
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + (current) week of Dec 13
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + (current) week of Dec 13
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + (current) week of Dec 13
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + (last) week of Dec 6
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + week of Nov 29
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + week of Nov 22
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + week of Nov 22
    • Does not work: multiple time records + single activity + single client + billable + week of Nov 15
    • Saves OK: multiple time records + single activity + single client + week of Nov 15

• David Morris
    Options

Note: final bullet in the above attempts is incorrect, I was able to add single time record + single activity + single client via the Day View in the week of Nov 15 -- so I could do that more than once to get multiple time records -- however, due to the problem described earlier, I cannot make individual day time records billable -- that is only possible in the Week View, except it doesn't work this far back historically now (for some reason),

Raised with tech support team, incident ID: #CAS-143574-V9B6Y8

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for doing that David, some excellent troubleshooting there.

I've just had another word with the product team and they've found the issue and have a fix in testing. For now they've suggested to use 'Day View' as the cause of the issue is stemming from the 'Week View'.

For full transparency, the devs will be offline after today for the Christmas/New Year closure period so the fix will go through deployment as soon as they're back on deck in early Jan.

• David Morris
    Options

Thanks. Unfortunately, the billable checkbox does not work at all in the Day View (as mentioned above) so while I can add some individual time records, they will not get pulled into any invoices. Can I ask about crediting me for the timesheet service until this is resolved? Thanks.