How can you remove a Gov Connect business from the portal that has not payroll entries

Options
Judy_9812908
Judy_9812908 Member Posts: 8

I have a client that was intent on using Reckon Gov Connect for STP so I set it up using my login details as I was going to be lodging their weekly payroll. We have, however, never heard back for over a year from this client so we want to remove this "tile" from our Gov Connect subscriptions list that appears. We have dropped them as a client.

Also....I moved a client from one software product to another and for the past 2 years have been using Reckon Hosted to lodge payroll but the old product which was Reckon Enterprise PC version, is still coming up as a tile. We don't need that tile and I don't want anyone lodging STP using that tile in error. How can I remover the Enterprise software product when I open their tile to lodge STP?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I believe you can’t remove the tile, I have one on mine that I inadvertently added and have never used it and was told it can’t be removed, just ignore

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,408 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @Judy & @Kris_Williams

If you've got STP entities/tiles in your account that have not been used for any submissions at all then we can take a look at removing them.

A couple of points -

If there has been any submission data that has passed through the entity and been submitted eg. submissions have returned a Success, Error or Pending status etc then unfortunately I won't be able to remove it. Draft submissions are exempted from this.

Secondly, if the STP entity has been shared with you then you can remove the share by clicking the menu button on the tile and then selecting the 'Unshare with me' option (screenshot example below).

If you've got a STP entity that fits the description of no submission data at all, is not shared with you ie. was created in your own account and is no longer required then let me know the ABN of it and I'll take a look.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,408 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Also....I moved a client from one software product to another and for the past 2 years have been using Reckon Hosted to lodge payroll but the old product which was Reckon Enterprise PC version, is still coming up as a tile. We don't need that tile and I don't want anyone lodging STP using that tile in error. How can I remover the Enterprise software product when I open their tile to lodge STP?

Hi @Judy

Just in regard to the point above, are you referring to the product selection inside the STP entity itself? (example screenshot below). If so then unfortunately, those cannot be changed/altered at this stage.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Judy_9812908
    Options

Yes I was referring to those tiles. I am just a bit of a "tidy freak" and I don't like waste. I know I'm a bit strange.

• Judy_9812908
    Options

Yes this one I am referring to has no submissions and we never even got off the ground. I understand those that had previous lodgements and accept that they cannot be removed. However...if they no longer have payroll is it possible to remove their ABN tiles once they are no longer lodging and in a new financial year? The ABN I am referring to is as follows:

Veteran's Advocacy Community of Practice Brisbane West Inc

ABN: 74970875651

Thanks for your help and all your responses. Much appreciated.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks Judy.

I've gone ahead and removed the ABN 74970875651 registration from your account. The next time you login the entity will no longer be there.

I understand those that had previous lodgements and accept that they cannot be removed. However...if they no longer have payroll is it possible to remove their ABN tiles once they are no longer lodging and in a new financial year?

No unfortunately not. If there have been any submissions at all regardless of the product and/or reporting, the systems we've been mandated to put in place for STP compliance will not actually allow us to remove the entity and data associated with it.

• James McIntosh
    James McIntosh Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi @Rav,

Even if not able to fully delete because of compliance, surely it's a reasonable request to be able to either archive it (and have it shown in a different location) or to "lock" it (and have it show a dialog box to that effect, possibly with the option to proceed anyway).

As time goes on and businesses open, close, buy, sell, this is going to be more and more of a problem.

• Rav
    Options

@James McIntosh

Yep I agree and I like the idea of being able to organise STP entities when/where its required. I've found a related feature request HERE which I'd recommend adding your vote to. I've just done the same.