New Payroll App - ABN Already Registered Issue

Kelsie
Kelsie Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi,

How do I go about linking an ABN that is apparently already registered?

We have no idea what email the ABN was previously linked to or have access to the email address in order to remove the registration.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kelsie Cranston

Braithwaite Accounting

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kelsie

Can I grab the ABN that you're trying to register and I'll take a look at where its setup on our end.

Cheers

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kelsie

Hi Rav,

ABN is 67 076 884 921

Branch Number 001

Thankyou

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks Kelsie,

I've just had a look at that ABN and can see that it was registered back in the middle of last year under what looks to be an existing Payroll App account. There have also been submissions sent under this registration so it cannot be deleted.

The email address its under is the same email address that the old STP app account was created under for the same ABN.

If you sign in to the Payroll App rather than creating a new account/registration using the existing login credentials ie. the same email address that the old STP app account uses then it should allow you through. Please note, there is existing Multi-Factor Authentication on the account so you will require access to that as well.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kelsie

How do I know what the old STP login details are?

I thought this may have been an email address of kate@briathwaiteaccouting.com.au however when we login and enter the mobile number for the MFA it comes up - 'Failed to send MFA Code' ' this could be a temporary issue, please try again. We have had this issue for the last few days we have been trying.

• Rav

Unfortunately that's not the email address its under and I can't disclose account login credentials.

Are you aware of who created the accounts in the first place? If so you'll need to have a chat with them to establish what the login details are.

If you're not aware of who created the account or they've left and want/need to change the login details then we can do that however there are security requirements around this and you will need:

• A signed statutory declaration by the current owner of the email address. If the current owner of the email address has left the company or the email is no longer being used then the statutory declaration needs to come from a person who is the owner of the business/ABN or authorised by the business/ABN.
    • The request in the stat dec must set out the reasons why the change is needed.
    • If you are making the declaration on behalf of the company it must state that they are duly authorized.
    • Include the following line at the end of the statutory declaration: I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.
    • Signed by the person making the declaration
    • Signed by a JP

• Kelsie

ahh ok. Thanks Raz before we go down that route would you be able to advise if it has been set up using the below email address?

moreelandscaping@bigpond.com

The client has advised us that he doesn't remember ever using reckon but perhaps he had.

Thankyou