Problem Activating Reckon Accounts Premier 2021

Options
atenera
atenera Member Posts: 4

Hello,

We've been trying to activate our software to no avail by pressing Control + 3 and introducing all the details and the activation key, reckon support told us to uninstall and reinstall and keep trying, but we had no success so far. Every time we type the details in the activation box and press finish, nothing happens at all and the fields go back to blank (customer ID and License Key). We're working with Reckon Accounts Premier 2021. Any suggestion or ideas to fix this?

Thank You

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your activation @atenera

If you jump on to our activation page linked below and kick off an online chat with one of our team members they'll be able to assist in getting you up & running -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• atenera
    Options

Hi Rav,

Unfortunately, also another problem there. Nothing happens when we press "start online chat". We tried on different machines.

Thank You

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Sorry to hear that, I've just tested it out and it seemed to work ok in my case.

Can I get you to open an incognito/private window on your browser and then try pressing the 'Start Online Chat' button twice and see if that brings it up for you? I just want to isolate whether it might something related to browser caching that is preventing the chat window from popping up.

It should look like something below when it appears

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• atenera
    Options

Hi Rav,

We just tried this and it still doesn't work.

Thank you

• Rav
    Options

Hmm ok that's odd, apologies for that. In this case, if you give our Customer Service team a call on 0800 447 292 we'll be able to get the activation sorted for you.

• atenera
    Options

The reason why I'm trying to activate Reckon through this method (online chat activation) is because what I described on the first post of this thread: 'We've been trying to activate our software to no avail by pressing Control + 3 and introducing all the details and the activation key, reckon support told us to uninstall and reinstall and keep trying, but we had no success so far. Every time we type the details in the activation box and press finish, nothing happens at all and the fields go back to blank (customer ID and License Key".

Any other ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Rav
    Options

If the online chat activation method isn't working for you which as you've described it isn't, then our Customer Service team can facilitate activating your software by giving them a call.

As for why you were advised to uninstall & reinstall your software, I can only assume that was suggested as a troubleshooting measure to try and solve the "Every time we type the details in the activation box and press finish, nothing happens at all and the fields go back to blank" situation occurring in the software.

As previously mentioned though, if you give the Customer Service team a call they can activate the software on our end manually.