Ho to retrieve historical transactions

Options
u347957
u347957 Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi there,

Before I upgraded to Reckon Payroll paid version, I was using the Reckon Free App. I am now in need of accessing historical transactions in the previous free app but do not have access to it. I run a report in the paid version but it doesn't pull information from the old free version. It appears no migration of data has been done.

So how can i retrieve this data? I have a compliance issue I need to resolve with Superannuation/Tax and to fix it I need to go back to historical transactions.

Note- I recently changed my user email address . The email that I use on the paid version is a new email (different to the paid version).

Appreciate your help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @u347957

Did you opt to migrate your data from the old STP app when you started using the Payroll App? ie. when you first created your account on the Payroll App did you use the same email address/password that you were using on the old STP app and then followed the prompts to migrate?

If so, the total balances from the submissions created in the old STP app will have been migrated and you'll find a summary of this in the STP tab. It will not break down each and every submission but only the total balance as STP is reported on a YTD basis. See my example screenshot below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• u347957
    Options

I can't remember if I opted to migrate the historical data. But I can confirm I used the same email and password for the new paid payroll version. I checked but can't find the totals from when I was using the old app. It appears no migration was completed. Is it still possible to retrieve the historical data given that I have changed the email and password recently ? what Can I do from here?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@u347957 Are you please able to clarify if you simply changed the email ID associated with your account or do you have a different ABN/ Software ID. Another way to check if historical data (from old STP app) was migrated or not is to log into the web Payroll app. Try with your both email ID's if possible to confirm.

https://payroll.reckon.com/login

• u347957
    Options

It was simply changing the email address. all other details are the same

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

What's the ABN that you were using on the old STP app and subsequently now using on the Payroll App?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• u347957
    Options

The ABN is 63 631 760 364

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for that. Just looking at things on my end I think you might have switched over to the Payroll App prior to the migration function being available so I'm guessing you started off from scratch when you first setup your Payroll App account.

I can't make any promises or guarantees but leave this with me for a bit and I'll see if we have any options for you.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @u347957

My dev team have just got back to me in relation to your case. They've confirmed that you did successfully migrate your data from the STP app to the Payroll App back in April 2021.

However it looks like after the migration you went back and made submissions in the old STP app rather than just using the Payroll App exclusively after you migrated. My devs have copied the handful of submissions that you made in the STP app post-migration over to your Payroll App account. You'll find them with all other STP submission info in the STP tab in your Payroll App.