REMOVAL OF ODBC SOLUTION IN RECKON DESKTOP PREMIER 2022 NOW EXTRA COST?

Options
Tilley
Tilley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Community,

Just a heads up.

I checked out the features of Reckon 2022 and was annoyed to see that the ODBC solution is no longer included but is available at an extra cost. I would have thought this was essential as this is how Reckon help you with some trouble shooting , fixing issues etc.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

QODBC is not used by our (Reckon) support team for any troubleshooting and/or fixing issues etc on your file or Reckon Account software.

Any integrations that used QODBC and required support went directly through their own support team.

From what I understand, the removal of the free version of QODBC being shipped with Reckon Accounts occurred quite a number of years ago circa 2016/17 I believe and was communicated back then.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options

ODBC (or the correct term is QODBC) is from a third-party vendor that has nothing to do with Reckon. I believe you can still use it for free (read-only) with any version of Reckon Desktop (as long as the vendor still supports it).

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Tilley
    Tilley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options

Rav,

if the removal occurred back in 2016 back , why is it listed in the 2022 features. Thanks for clarifying what this is used for. Great help.