Good morning,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with entering a 1 off Reportable Employer Super contribution into STP.

So confused how to do it.

Thank you in advance



  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,091 Community Manager Community Manager

    Hi Julie,

    If you're looking to pay the employee above the current default 10% super guarantee, all you'll need to do is enter the new % of super in the pay run.

    So for example, in the example screenshot below you'll see that I've designated 20% super to my employee's pay instead of the usual 10%. Any additional super above the default 10% is assigned to RESC and reported as such in your STP submission.

  • Julie_10132929
    Julie_10132929 Member Posts: 19

    Thanks so much.

    I actually want to pay an extra amount of $12000.

    How would that work? Sorry


  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,091 Community Manager Community Manager

    At this stage the Payroll App will only accept super guarantee payments that are calculated from a % of any earnings item used in the pay run that is applicable for super.

    In my screenshots above, you'll see that the earnings I entered is $1000.00 and the super I've designated is 20% which equates to $200.00.

    There is also an option for 'salary sacrifice for super' however that is linked with the earnings in the pay run ie. if the employee want to sacrifice $12,000 to super, they must have at least that as earnings in the pay run to sacrifice from.

  • swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 485 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

    Hi Julie - if you are not normally using the STP reporting through Reckon Payroll app for this employee for regular payruns then you may need to manually report the one time RESC payment to ATO. Reckon Payroll App is not suited for this type of reporting unless you are also reporting an appropriate earnings item as well through regular payruns.

    There might be other Reckon products that are more suited for such type of STP reporting but these involve payment of fee for use.

    You could check with your tax accountant if manual reporting to ATO is a better option. You will also need to provide the employee with a Payment summary showing the RESC amount for Tax retun lodgement.