EOFY Incorrect Allowance balance

Options
Jen_10863879
Jen_10863879 Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, On checking the end of year balances, found the tool allowance balance for our employee is incorrect. Have checked with the ATO and was advised that the allowance was not included in the Gross pays from October 2021, which was when I changed over from STP to Payroll. How do I change this balance to reflect the correct amount?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jen

Just to clarify, have you been adding these allowances to any of the pay runs that you've created in the Payroll App since you migrated over?

I just want to confirm whether its the allowance balances that were sent in the old STP app that are now missing OR allowance balances created in the Payroll App as part of your pay runs that are missing from the EOFY finalisation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jen_10863879
    Options

Thanks for replying so promptly. It's the allowances in the Payroll that are missing, from the total. The STP allowances are are there.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thanks Jen. Ok, sorry to ask something so basic but did you create a tool allowance item now that you're using the Payroll and more specifically have you been entering this in the pay runs that you've been creating in the Payroll App?

If not, then what you can do is head into the specific employee(s) profile and edit their year to date balances.

I've created a quick screen recording below as an example. In my case, my employee has a current year to date allowance balance of $100.00 in the EOFY finalisation from the pay runs I've created for him throughout the year. However I want to edit that to make it $500.00 because I know that is the accurate amount.

To do that, I can edit the employee's initial year to date allowance balance by the difference ie. $400.00 through their profile. Once done, the pay summary tab will reflect the new total ie. $500.00 and this is also the amount that will show in a new EOFY finalisation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jen_10863879
    Options

Thanks Rav, I did enter the tool allowance in Payroll and have been using it each pay. So don't know where the other amount has gone.

You have shown me how to edit the allowances, so I guess I will go ahead with this. Will wait for your reply.

• Rav
    Options

Ok just before you make any changes, can you open up one of your more recent pay runs that shows the tool allowance has been added in it successfully?

It should look like this as an example -

• Jen_10863879
    Options

I have checked a recent pay run and it just has "tool" not "tool allowance" in the allowances section.

If you want me to edit details as per your screen recording could you make it a little slower, I can't focus on some of them.

• Rav
    Options

Ok, so do all of the pay runs actually have this 'tool' item appearing in the allowances section or just some/a few?

To edit the employee's initial year to date, go into the specific employee's profile and check their pay summary. Make note of the totals that are currently appearing for allowances to date.

Then you'll see an option at the bottom of the pay summary screen called 'View and edit initial YTD balances', tap on that.

You'll be taken to the 'initial YTD' tab for the specific employee. Add the additional difference for the 'tool' allowance item there and click SAVE. For example if the Pay Summary currently shows a balances of $100.00 for the tool allowance item but in reality it should be $500.00 then you need to enter the difference in the 'initial YTD' screen ie. $400.00

The Pay Summary will then be updated.

• Jen_10863879
    Options

Hi Rav, thanks for spelling out the instructions.

Tried adding tool and the extra amount in the Initial YTD tab, but it would not accept it. In the end I entered the amount under "allowances other" and it was accepted straight away with the correct amount , so have submitted the details to the ATO.

Hope this will be acceptable when our employee gets his tax done.

Very sure that I had entered the allowances under "tool" each pay but something must have been different when the program changed to Payroll.

The ordinary hours and allowances have always been added together for the gross pay, but on this end-of-year report they are separated. I have continued to increase the tax payable each pay to cover the total amount even though the program was taxing only the ordinary hours. I noticed this changed with the Payroll program.

I will update to the new program tomorrow and hope all will be well.

Thanks for all your help, haven't needed it before but sure did this time. Thanks to everyone who answers to Rav!

• Jen_10863879
    Options

Hi again, have tried getting into the updated version of Payroll from the email received last Monday. It won't let me enter any details as it is in view only. How do I proceed, it knows we are on the Basic Plan. Thanks Jenny

• Rav
    Options

Hi Jen

If you're already on version 2.24.19 of the Payroll App then you won't need to do anything further in terms of updating. All of the tax table table side of things are taken care of on our end.

You'll find the version number that you have installed at the very bottom of the Settings menu in the Payroll App. Check your app store for any available updates to download.