STP Upload Error Reckon One

Options
PBerz
PBerz Member Posts: 13
edited July 2022 in Reckon One

I'm getting this message from the ATO when submitting STP

We were unable to process your submission because you have not reported using Single Touch Payroll for that financial year

I'm completely new at this and suspect I've missed a step along the way.

I've completed and sent the pay run, it's only two employees and a few hundred dollars, deleted and retried but no luck.

Any thought or suggestions? I can't find any answers in Reckon, through the ATO or via Google.

Cheers

Peter

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@PBerz

Hi Peter,

It sounds like you may have created the pay run in Reckon One but haven't sent the subsequent STP submission through to the ATO via the GovConnect service. Is that the case? ie. have you created an STP entity in GovConnect as yet?

If not, you'll need to do that and then follow the process to send through your pay run information from Reckon One to GovConnect so it can be reported to the ATO. Doing so will then allow you create an End of Financial Year finalisation.

Setting up GovConnect for Single Touch Payroll

Processing Single Touch Payroll in Reckon One

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PBerz
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for the quick response. STP has been set up, the software is linked to the ATO.

I've completed/sent the pay runs and then sent the pay runs to the ATO through Single Touch payroll via GovConnect.

After submitting to ATO it shows that it's Pending but after 10 or 20 minuted I get an error message.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @PBerz

Ok so for the previous submissions that you have sent through prior to this one, do they show a 'Success' status? ie. have they been successfully processed by the ATO?

Also, the submission that you're trying to send through, that is an EOFY finalisation correct? Has it been created for the correct financial year in Reckon One itself? ie. you've selected the 2021/22 financial year in the EOFY screen?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PBerz
    Options

Hi Rav,

I get a 'pending' status after submitting STP, then after a few minutes an error notice, no success status.

I think my problem might be solved if there was a financial year drop down list but it doesn't appear on my app.

I'm using cloud based desktop app.

• Rav
    Options

Ok, from the looks of your STP list there's something else going on.

Firstly, are the submissions 1-7 all of the attempted EOFY submissions that you've been trying to send through?

Following on from the above, and maybe more importantly, why have the previous submissions (aside from the EOFY you're trying to send now which you've already provided) been rejected? can you go into submission 9, 10 or 11 and let me know the error response that has been sent back from the ATO.

I'm assuming that the error response on any one of those older submissions will be different to the one you've provided above for the EOFY submission above and it should give a pretty distinct clue as to what is wrong.

• PBerz
    Options

The error messages are all the same.

I've double checked that the dates for the pay runs are for the last financial year and the finalisation date is 30th June.

Thanks for your persistence.

• Rav
    Options

Ok, at this stage I think we need to take a closer look at the employee setup and also the previous pay runs just to make sure they are correct. I'd recommend getting in touch with our technical support team on 1300 756 663 so we can have a technician take a look at your book and also initiate a remote session as well (if required).