Employer Reportable Super Payments

Options
lunacat
lunacat Member Posts: 29 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

Can you please advise me how to add Employer Reportable/Additional Super Payments into Reckon Payroll App? I have looked and there appears to be no item to add this payment under.

Tagged:

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@lunacat At the moment Reckon Payroll app does not have a dedicated field to input RESC other than Salary sacrifice superannuation. However, if one selects a Compulsory Super contribution rate greater than 10.5% for FY 2022/23, the excess contribution is reported as RESC in the STP of the employee. The compulsory super contribution rate can be entered as up to 99.9999% of Total earnings amount entered in the Payrun.

Hope this helps.

• lunacat
    Options

Thank you for your information. It is helpful.

I tried this however, the employer reportable amount I need to record is greater than the total earnings I.e I earned $7781 however I need to record the employer reportable as $13300.00 which h is more than the 99.9999%. How can I record the amount above $7781 of my earnings which is $5591.

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

One option to record such one time payments is to alter the Initial YTD Summary of the employee for the appropriate FY and enter this amount under superannuation payments (salary sacrifice). This should appear in the RESC in the Employee income statement at the next regular Payrun. ( I have not tried this option though).

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report#update_initial_year_to_date_values

• lunacat
    Options

So do you mean alter a previous employee payrun and add the $5591 to that payrun for the same FY?

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

Not the Payrun but Initial YTD Summary for the employee for the FY involved.

• lunacat
    Options

Hi I have tried your suggestion to update the initial ytd payment summary but I cannot save it as there is not "update" button to press on the page. Only :"done"at the top which does not update the information. I have attached screenshot for you.

Can you please tell me how to update it so it appears on the initial ytd payment summary?

Thank you.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @lunacat

Only :"done"at the top which does not update the information.

After you tap DONE what is happening specifically? Can you please close the app in full and relaunch it before trying this again. Let me know if it works for you.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• lunacat
    Options

I closed then relaunch app. Did not update. After I press the done button it then goes back to the page that allows you to " add an item" page. Then press Done again and it then shows the pay summary with the amount unchanged. I do not have an update button on any pages to update the changes.

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@lunacat The pay summary will get updated once you have done a regular payrun for the year. YTD summary will keep showing the amounts previously reported. You need to do at least a $0 payrun in June 2022 so that the YTD summary is created with the Initial YTD figures included and reported in STP.

Subsequently you can do a EOFY 2021-22 Payrun and finalise the YTD figures for the Income statement in ATO.

• lunacat
    Options

Thank you. I will try it