Login to STP App - access code

Options
JohnN_10864201
JohnN_10864201 Member Posts: 4 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

Due to work from home logistics as opposed to original start up - access code for logging in goes to the originators phone (which is offsite).

Is there any way that the access code can be redirected to bookkeeper's phone?

Depending on the above, if the answer is NO - what limitations do we expect if we have to create a new account for the very same entity?

I think responses to my queries will help me greatly.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JohnN

Is there any way that the access code can be redirected to bookkeeper's phone?

While the MFA code can't be redirected from one phone number to another, an option could be to revoke the current/existing phone number from the account. On next login, the app will ask to enter a new phone number for the MFA codes which would give you the opportunity to instead enter your own phone number.

Are you the main user of the Payroll App when it comes to this account? Is there an option to have a conversation with the original user to revoke the MFA from their phone number and instead go to yours?

Depending on the above, if the answer is NO - what limitations do we expect if we have to create a new account for the very same entity?

You can only register an ABN to the Payroll App once ie. you will not be able to register the same ABN to another account as that would cause significant data issues when it comes to STP submissions.

With that said, there are plans to introduce multi-user capability to the app however that is a fair bit down the track at this stage.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnN_10864201
    JohnN_10864201 Member Posts: 4 ✭
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks, that gives something to work on re the MFA code & phone number.

Exactly as I anticipated regarding the ABN & payroll App - that matter is now clear.