Quicken 2010 Personal Plus Error Code 7006, 7063, 7010

All of a sudden when I click on the cashflow tab this unexpected error is displayed on the screen and when I close it quicken shuts down and I have to open quicken again. No information is lost

Any ideas why this has started happening?

Comments

• Brads
    Brads Member Posts: 24

Do you have any ideas @Rav ?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Brads

I'd recommend reviewing the info and steps in the help guide that I've linked below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brads

Thanks @Rav, I'll give that a go

• Brads

Hi @Rav I tried what it said and it still does the same thing, when I click on cashflow tab up the top it crashes and the error code was 7042.

Any other ideas?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Brads

A few other suggestions that I'd recommend -

First, and I know this sounds a tad odd but please ensure that your file name is less than 8 characters in length. File ➡ File Operations ➡ Rename

Try again after that.

If the above doesn't work, then validate and super validate your file, info on this below -

If all of the above doesn't give you any joy then I'd recommend performing a 'clean' uninstallation & reinstallation of the software which I'll also link to below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brads

Thanks @Rav

Appreciate it

• Brads
    edited September 2022

Hi @Rav,

I have uninstalled and re installed quicken and loaded my back up file and it still comes up with error.

The only time when it crashes is when I click on cashflow tab, I even installed it on another computer and loaded the latest back up file and it also crashes when I click on the cashflow tab.

I have also loaded a really old back up file and same thing happens.

I feel my options are starting to run out and might never be able to use cashflow tab again.

I tried creating a brand new file and started fresh, I then was able to click on cashflow tab and it didn't crash

• Rav
    edited October 2022

Trying it out on a new file is a good test, and unfortunately from what you've described its sounding like the cause could be a corruption in your file 😟.

The only further thing I can suggest at this point is to submit a request to our Data Services team so they can take a look at the file.

I can't make any guarantees that this will provide a solution to whatever is impacting your file however its the next and likely the final step in the process.

You'll need to provide the following if possible;

• a copy of the back up file that can be successfully opened, contains data and does not exhibit the issue.
    • a copy of the file that is current but has the problem you're currently contending with.

To initiate a data service case please click the button below, complete the web form and our Data Services team will be in touch with you directly to advise the next steps in the process.

• Brads

Thanks @Rav

Is reckon personal plus similar to quicken personal plus. If I buy reckon accounts personal plus will I be able to restore all my data from quicken personal plus 2010?

• Rav

Is reckon personal plus similar to quicken personal plus.

They're the same software in this regard. In a nutshell, Reckon has previously entered into an agreement with Intuit in 2014 for QuickBooks and Quicken software and as part of that we've renamed these products (Reckon Personal Plus & Reckon Home & Business) better align them more clearly with our suite of software.

If I buy reckon accounts personal plus will I be able to restore all my data from quicken personal plus 2010?

The file from your 2010 Personal Plus version will indeed open in the current 2022 version however, if the cause of the problem is a corruption in your file itself then a new version of the software won't solve it unfortunately.

• Brads

@Rav I'm trying to download the personal plus free trial to test it out but after I fill out all my details and click on the green download free trial button, nothing happens.

Any idea why that is happening?

• Brads

After a while it displays 504 gateway time-out

• Brads

All good now, it eventually worked