Treatment of re-employeed employee and change of status
Hi, a part-time employee resigned a few months ago and was fully paid out all entitlements. The same employee is now being re-employed but as a casual. I wanted to confirm if I should just continue to record payslips in the employees existing account in the Reckon Payroll App or should I create a new employee account (I am not sure if this is possible all info will be the same except start date and status)?
I understand the ATO utilises YTD figures so continuing to use the same employee account in the Reckon Payroll App should result in the ATO STP record reconciling with Reckon Payroll App employee record. If I create a new account will this cause issues with the ATO?
I am also unsure of the impact on the above scenarios on Year End.
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 135 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 938 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 21 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 948 Payroll Premier
- 116 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community