Has anyone had problems with not receiving code to process STP?

Vanessa_10085275
Vanessa_10085275 Member Posts: 35 Reckoner Reckoner

For the past two days I have been trying to process STP however every time I click on Send Code it never arrives and I can't process STP. Yesterday the code arrived 5 hours later!

What can I do to process STP without code or how can I rectify this?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Vanessa

Is this still occurring for you if you attempt to login this morning?

Do you usually receive the MFA codes pretty quickly or do they take a while to come through? ie. do you have good mobile coverage at your location?

Try switching your phone to flight mode for about 20-30 seconds. This will disconnect your phone from the mobile network. After that turn flight mode off and your phone will be forced to poll your network provider which should make any pending messages come through.

Let me know how you get on.

• Vanessa_10085275

It's still occurring this morning. I've tried again a few times. I've also tried to reset the phone number ect however I can't even do that because it needs to send a code first to verify and the code isn't coming through

I've never had this issue before. I always have received the codes within seconds and mobile coverage has never been an issue

I turned flight mode off & on and still nothing. Still not receiving code. Doesn't even have an error popping up. It just says code sent and that's it

• This content has been removed.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Vanessa.

I've been testing it out on a few occasions this morning and seemed to working normally in my case. Which mobile provider are you with? Are other text messages you're sending & receiving working normally?

Try switching your mobile off and leaving it off for at least a couple of minutes and see if that makes any difference at all.

In terms of removing the existing phone number assigned to your MFA, our support team can help with this if you'd like to go down that path. Just give them a buzz, they'll do a quick security check and can organise the removal for you.

• Vanessa_10085275

Hi Rav

I've done it all. I've switched off my phone. I've reset passwords on my phone and still nothing.

I'm receiving all texts, calls, emails, everthing on my phone is working as per usual.

What is the number to contact for support please? I think I'll have to try changing numbers and see if that makes a difference.

If this doesn't help, how can I go about processing STP, is there any other way?

• Rav

The Hosted support team is available on 1300 799 150.

Which mobile provider are you with? I've just checked in with the tech's and they haven't come across other reports so far today so I'd be interested to hear if other folks on the same provider experience anything similar.

If this doesn't help, how can I go about processing STP, is there any other way?

While its not something we recommend as the first option, you have the option of using a Google Chrome extension as your Multi-Factor Authentication rather than SMS. I'll link some info to this below. Your existing MFA ie. phone number will need to be removed from your account first before you can use the Chrome extension option.

• Vanessa_10085275

I'm with Optus. I have just reset my phone, thinking that may help however I have no noticed while adding in all my cards to wallet and having to verify the cards, I am not receiving some of their verification codes either. So I'm not sure if this is now an Optus issue or an Apple issue

In regards to STP, I contacted support and I changed my number and it now works perfectly with my other apple phone however that account is with Telstra!

If you come across any of these issues, it would be great to know.

Thanks Rav

• Will_9751475
    Will_9751475 Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner
    edited October 2022

Good Morning

I am now having trouble getting the code once i have exported the pay sheets.

I am with Telstra

Thanks Will

• Rav

Hi @Will

Can you try out the steps listed in one of my earlier posts here in the first instance and just confirm if that helps at all?

• Will_9751475
    Will_9751475 Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav

This morning i am now having problems opening the page to log into gov connect.

i am going to shut every thing down and restart.

Thanks Will