Deleting a duplicate pay event.

bnrbush
bnrbush Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Please help! I have an extra pay event logged with the ato that I need to delete but there is only one pay run (the correct one) in my “pay runs”? I can see the incorrect one in my STP submission ( it was the first pay run of the financial year so I can’t remember what happened but it looks like I may have updated the event and put the previous financial year date in by accident so it hasn’t come out of this years figures). What can I do??

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @bnrbush

You can't delete STP submissions once they've been sent through for any reason as that data needs to be retained by the ATO.

With that said however, there are ways to get things straightened out depending on what's happened and what you need to correct.

Firstly, does this relate to balances for the previous 2021/22 financial year OR the current 2022/23 financial year?

Secondly, when you look at the Pay Summary screen for each employee for the respective financial year, are the balances correct ie. do they reflect what they should be in reality and what you expect them to be?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bnrbush

Hi.

yes this relates to the 2021/22 pay year.

yes the balances for each payee are correct on the summaries. The balance with the ato is incorrect.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

If you send through a 2021/22 End of Financial Year finalisation submission it will overwrite any and all balances that the ATO have on their end up to this point and instead replace it with the current balances that you have listed in the Pay Summary, and subsequently the EOFY finalisation screen, in the app.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bnrbush

I have done this, and did it again last night. It is still duplicated at the ato end. How long does it take to come off their end?

• Rav

I can't say for sure on what happens at the ATO end but if the EOFY finalisation submission shows a 'Success' status in the app then the balances should be updated pretty soon after that.

Just to clarify, are the total Year to Date balances at the ATO end currently reflective of the same balances that you see in the Payroll App following those EOFY finalisation submissions you've sent?

• bnrbush

No, the ATO is different to the balances on the app. The difference is one whole wage, the first one of the year.

• bnrbush

What else can I do? Can you please look into my submissions?

• Rav

We're not able to view or access user accounts as they're secured and also protected by Multi Factor Authentication (MFA).

If the balances for 2021/22 in the app are correct AND these are the balances that you've sent through in a successful EOFY finalisation submission but that is not being reflected on the ATO's end, I'd suggest giving them a call so they can take a look at whether they've processed the latest EOFY finalisations you've sent and why/what info is being displayed on their end following it.

• bnrbush

I have spoken to the ATO who have confirmed the finalisation amounts are correct with what I should have. However, they can see on their end the amount that shouldn’t be there which was an amended event on the 4.7.21. I cannot now access this event on the app to submit a negative pay run as it has already been done in the past.

• bnrbush

Unfortunately my issue is still not resolved. The incorrect payment is still showing with the ATO but I cannot update the event in the app because I have already previously updated the event in question which should have updated with the ATO but it hasn’t. My balances are correct on the app but not with the ATO. So what do I do? My accountant says to contact you, I have done every step you have suggested and everything remains the same. The ATO says they can do nothing so please help!

• Rav

Hi @bnrbush

I don't think there's a great deal more that I can advise or recommend at this stage. Simply put, STP submissions cannot be deleted regardless of the reason, we actually have no ability, mechanism or mandate to do so.

With that said however and as I've previously mentioned above, if the balances in your app are correct and you've sent through a new EOFY finalisation that reflects those balances (which has been successfully accepted) then any balances/submissions that have come before it will be updated/overwritten & finalised. Your employees should also be in a 'Tax Ready' status after the finalisation has been successfully processed.

• bnrbush

Where do i check to see if our employees are in a "tax ready" status? Is this in the app?

• Rav

It will appear in the employee's MyGov account.

• bnrbush

I have spoken to my accountant who confirms that the extra pay run is still with the ATO.

As the employees have already been finalised i need to know how to amend/delete a payrun and then redo the finalisation). This seems very tricky to me as the payrun i need to amend/delete is not sitting in my "payruns".

So everything balances with the ATO and my STP reporting what can you suggest i do? The payrun i need to delete/amend was on the 2nd July. Can i just run a new payrun on this date and put in a negative balance and then run a finalisation? Will this then remove that amount from the ATO?

Please help!

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@bnrbush If the YTD Summary in Reckon is showing correct figures for the employee then once you create and submit EOFY 2021/22 Payrun report , the ATO figure will get updated to the correct value. This should be reflected in the employees MyGov ATO Income statement which should be in "final state"as well.