STP or PAYRUN

Options
VellaBuilding_5
VellaBuilding_5 Member Posts: 6 ✭

Please explain when using the free Reckon app: I only use this free App to declare my STP to the ATO, Nothing else.

Therefore, should I be entering my pay runs to declare to the ATO through the STP tab or the Pay runs tab?

When going to the payment summary for the employees the totals are as they should be. But on the STP latest submissions tab side there's x2 duplicated pay runs placed in error. I want to reflect the correct amounts to the ATO in regard to the STP.

Helppppp please. πŸ™‚

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @VellaBuilding_5

There are two distinct steps you perform when using the Payroll App; creating pay runs and sending the data from those payruns to the ATO via an STP submission.

Consequently, the 'Pay Runs' tab will show all of the pay runs you've created in the app and the 'STP' tab will show all of the STP submissions you've sent through.

You've mentioned that the balances in your employee pay summary is correct and that's important since Single Touch Payroll is reported on a Year to Date basis only. This means that any subsequent STP submissions you successfully send have/will update the employee's YTD balance each time.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• VellaBuilding_5
    VellaBuilding_5 Member Posts: 6 ✭
    Options

I only submit once through the pay run side of the tab. Clicking onto the STP tab side shows 2 payruns that are not supposed to be there but appear. I cannot delete them on the pay run side as the APP suggests. Because they do not appear on the pay run side. Only on the STP side. But I want to remove the 2 errors [on the STP side of the tab]. It does not allow me.

1. Because there is no provision on the STP side of the tab to amend or delete.

And 2. Because if i am to correct it on the pay run side of the tab [as suggested on the app in help] The 2 errors do not appear on the pay run side to allow me to delete them.

What are you referring to that I should be doing 2 steps?

: There are two distinct steps you perform when using the Payroll App; creating pay runs and sending the data from those pay runs to the ATO via an STP submission.

I only feed the information once through pay run and do the declaration to the ATO.

This is, as far as I can understand. sends it to the ATO. As I am required.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

That's correct, you cannot delete STP submissions for any reason. We're required to retain submission data that has been sent to the ATO which is why you won't find any actions available on that screen. Any submissions that you've sent through will remain in the list as they are. As mentioned though, provided that your employee pay summary balances are correct and you've sent through any successful STP submissions since then your balances at the ATO end will have already been updated.

The two steps that I'm referring to creating a pay run and then sending that info to the ATO via STP submission which is what happens after you perform the declaration step.

Just as an aside, if you find yourself in the situation where you need to make amendments or changes to pay runs and then report those changes to the ATO then I'd recommend reviewing the steps in the guide below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.