Reckon Payroll App Update v4.0.2 📲⬆ (RESC, Custom super items, Pay Setup & more!)
Reckon Payroll App update v4.0.2 🚀
The Payroll App has received an update to version v4.0.2 which is now available for you to download from your Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
This is a significant update which brings in brand new functionality, addresses some gaps and implements additional stability & performance enhancements.
Check out details of this new update below!
Reportable Employer Super Contributions (RESC) 📝🆕
An employee's total RESC balance is now visible in a number of key areas including the Year to Date Summary, End of Financial Year finalisation and Payroll Summary Report.
This will allow you to easily confirm the total RESC made to an employee during the financial year in conjunction with all other pay items. This is a long awaited feature request and will clear up a fair degree of confusion around this area.
Custom Super items 🦸♂️🆕
You can now create various superannuation item types in the Reckon Payroll App!
The available super item types are
- Super Guarantee
- Employer Additional
- Collective Agreement
- Salary Sacrifice
- Member Voluntary
🛑 IMPORTANT! 🛑
- You must assign which pay items you would like your custom super item to calculate super on. Super will NOT be calculated if the super item is not linked to a pay item when used in a pay run.
- After the custom super item is setup you will need to assign it to the employee's superfund. Check out more info below on creating and assigning a super fund to an employee.
Employee Superannuation Funds 💹🆕
An important part of the payroll process is the ability to assign your employee's choice of superannuation fund and pay to the correct super fund product.
You can now set up Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and self-managed type super funds in the Reckon Payroll App.
We have broken down this down into 2 really easy steps:
- Set up the Superannuation fund
- Assign the super fund to the employee
STEP 1 - Setup superannuation funds
This is the superannuation fund (i.e. CARE, REST, Australian Super) which you pay the employee's super into.
To setup a superannuation fund go to Settings ➡ Superannuation Funds.
- Click on the ➕ button and select whether the super fund is an APRA regulated fund or an Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Fund Name - As you type in the fund name you'll be presented with a list of options to select from for the super fund and its respective fund products. Select the most appropriate option for your fund.
- Display Name - Enter a display name for the super fund
Check out the video below for a demo on creating a super fund in the Payroll App along with how to make a request if the desired super fund is missing.
STEP 2 - Assign the superfund to your employee
After you have set up the superfund, you will then need to assign it to the employee. This is where you select the superfund product and super items for the employee to be used in pay runs.
- Select an employee and tap on the Superannuation tab ➡ Edit ➡ Add Super Details.
- Select the superannuation fund from the list, and then select the associated fund product. Enter the member number (if known) and the date when the employee joined the super fund.
- Tick to assign the relevant super pay items (IMPORTANT)
- The default system superfund is automatically assigned to all employees created in Reckon Payroll which can be removed after you've assigned a specific superfund to the employee.
Employee Pay Setup (PREMIUM PLAN FEATURE) 🏗🆕⭐
Employee pay setup functionality has been introduced to save you time from having to re-enter pay details every time you create a pay run.
You can add earning, allowance and deduction items to the pay setup so you don't have to re-enter them each time you create a pay run for the employee.
Check out the demo video below on getting started with the new Employee Pay Setup feature.
Pay Run enhancements (PREMIUM PLAN FEATURE) 💨🆕⭐
The pay run process has been enhanced to give users an easier and more informative experience when completing pay runs.
Premium plan users will be able to select if you'd like to use pay items from an employee's pay setup (info above), copy the pay items from the last pay run or manually add pay items yourself when creating a new pay run.
The edit pay run process has also been updated. If you add an employee to a pay run that has already been created you can select from the above options to add their pay items the pay run.
Allowance & Deduction Limits ⛔🆕
When adding an allowance or deduction item in a pay run, if the item has a limit you will be shown a message stating the limit has been exceeded when applicable.
The item will be added to the pay run for the amount the employee can be paid or have deducted before the limit is exceeded.
The limit set on the item will need to be increased before any additional amounts can be included in the pay run.
Pay Summary is now YTD Summary 📛
The 'Pay Summary tab' in an employees profile has been renamed 'YTD Summary'.
The term pay summary is no longer relevant as employers do not provide payment summaries with the introduction of Single Touch Payroll.
This will also allow additional reporting of pay items that were not included in a traditional payment summary to be listed and accessed with ease in future.
Download the latest update from your app store -
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 136 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 939 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 21 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 952 Payroll Premier
- 120 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community