Any recent MFA changes whereby code not requested to access GovConnect?

Options

Hi, just noticed when I log into GovConnect via Reckon Customer Portal, I'm not being asked for my MFA code and the system is allowing me straight in. I even revoked MFA and uninstalled & reinstalled Google Authenticator on my phone and retested. Still allows me straight in. Seems a bit odd.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Natalie,

There were changes to MFA requirements earlier this year where the 'remember me' function was limited to 24 hours (info linked below). Essentially it just means that you'll be required to authenticate once every 24 hours ie. if you login multiple times within the same day you'll receive the MFA challenge the first time only and then it won't appear again for another 24 hours.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Natalie_9987382
    Natalie_9987382 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Thanks Rav, that makes sense, but I wasn't required to authenticate at all which has me concerned.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Did you authenticate successfully at any stage in the previous 24 hour period?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Natalie_9987382
    Options

I'm second guessing myself now Rav. There is a chance yesterday's login sneeks into the 24hr window. Perhaps prudent to wait 24hs and test again. If this is related to the GovConnect "remember me" changes, this feels really new, not something that has been happening all year. Thanks.

• Rav
    Options

No worries at all, see how you go and let me know.

I'll run a test myself as well and see if I can replicate anything around this.

• Natalie_9987382
    Options

Hi Rav, so pleased to advise after waiting a full 24hrs, I was prompted for MFA code. Sorry . . clearly working on auto pilot. Thanks for the help.