Account creation error

Alicia
Alicia Member Posts: 10
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

We are new to STP and the reckon Payroll app. We have not been setup with STP before and need to do this. Our Accountant has told us that the Reckon Payroll App is the best way for our business to do STP, however I cannot log in. We are current Reckon One users.

I am using my standard Reckon log in to log into the Payroll app as I was unable to to create a log in using my email address. I can complete all steps involved until the last page where I keep getting the following error:

Failed to Create gov connect subscription: this could be a temporary issue please try again.

I have been trying for 2 days!

Is there something else that I need to be doing before this will work?

Thank you

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Alicia

We are current Reckon One users

Are you actively using Reckon One to process payroll? ie. creating payruns, payslips etc or is this the first time you'll be conducting payroll along with STP as well?

The reason I ask is, the Payroll App is a completely separate product to Reckon One. If you're already using Reckon One you can add the payroll module to your subscription and just use that. All you'll need to do is setup GovConnect for your STP submissions which I'll link some info to below.

Let me know if you have any questions around this.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alicia

Hi Rav,

This is the first time we will be using STP. We are not currently using Reckon One to process payroll. Our accountant is aware of this and still recommended that we use the payroll app instead of adding a module. Is this what you would recommend? I used my reckon email address and password to log into the app which it allowed me to do. There was a prompt that came up stating that I can't use this app tp manage your existing books but you CAN go ahead and create a new and separate book to use with this mobile app.

Thanks Rav

• Alicia

Also, I have tried creating a new account and it is not allowing me to do that either. I have tried multiple email addresses and it keeps telling me that it couldn't create an account.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

This is the first time we will be using STP. We are not currently using Reckon One to process payroll. Our accountant is aware of this and still recommended that we use the payroll app instead of adding a module. Is this what you would recommend?

It would be a lot more of a straightforward and seamless option for you to add the payroll module to your existing Reckon One book and then just use that as one single book for everything.

Ultimately though, if you'd like to use the Payroll App as a separate product just for payroll then you're more than welcome to do so.

I am using my standard Reckon log in to log into the Payroll app as I was unable to to create a log in using my email address. I can complete all steps involved until the last page where I keep getting the following error:

Failed to Create gov connect subscription: this could be a temporary issue please try again.

Getting back to the issue that you highlighted above in your OP, can I grab the ABN that you were trying to register into the app and I'll do a couple of checks on my end.

Also, when you're going through the steps in the app, please ensure that you give your Payroll App account a different name to that of your existing Reckon One book.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alicia

Hi Rav,

The ABN is 40 627 917 275

Thank you

• Alicia

I hav just tried to give the payroll book name a different name , still no success. I spent time with my accountant this morning and he was also unable to create a new account with his email address

• Rav
    edited December 2022

Thanks for that. The ABN is showing as available to register which is good as that's the first thing that could have been an issue.

Ok, can I get you to go through it one more time and when you hit the error, take a screenshot of it and attach it here.

Also, can I just confirm the email address you're using to sign in to the Payroll App is the same email address that your Community account is registered under?

Lastly, do you have the latest version of the Payroll App installed? (Currently v4.0.2, check your app store for any available updates).

• Alicia

I was able to log into the payroll app with the same email address and password that I used for Reckon one. It allowed me to go through the registration process until the last screen. It is the same email address that my community account is registered under. I do have the latest version of the app.

• Rav

Awesome, exactly what I needed thank you 🙂

Ok, I have one last suggestion before I send this over to my dev team for further investigation.

• Can I get you to close the app and instead head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ from your browser.
    • Go through the process as you have been ie. signing in and trying to register your ABN, give the Payroll App book a different name etc.
      • Let me know if doing do is successful via the site. If so, you'll be able to then just sign in again on the mobile app.
    • If you still don't have any joy, just let me know what error message you run into from the site or what occurs on screen.

Thanks so much for your patience with this so far!

• Alicia

Hi,

I have attempted this. I used my standard reckon one log in and it came up saying that it looks like I don’t have a payroll account - which is true! But when I tried to create a new account it came up with an internal server error. I have attached both screens for you

• Rav

Thank you for this, its super helpful 👍

Let me get this looked at further by our dev team to understand why its preventing the registration. I'll keep you posted on this as soon as I hear back.

• Rav

Hi Alicia

I've been speaking with my devs about your case today as they've been investigating.

Can I just clarify something with you, if you attempt to register for a NEW account on the Payroll App using a completely different email address, its not allowing you to do that either correct? I see that you mentioned you tried doing so with your accountant's email address.

What was the error that was appearing when doing so there? The internal server error, the failed to create GovConnect subscription message or something else entirely?

• Alicia

Hi Rav,

I tried 3 different email addresses on the app and it was the unable to create login error. I have just tried with another email address on the website and it gives the internal server error.

• Rav

Hi Alicia

Our devs aren't having much luck in diagnosing the cause of your issue unfortunately. They've tested out and debugged account creation in both the mobile app & web with both successfully passing.

Another suggestion the team had was to open an incognito browser in Google Chrome (on PC preferably) and head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and create a brand new account with a new/separate email address.

If that doesn't work, then the devs have asked for your authorisation/permission to try and create an account on your behalf for testing and troubleshooting purposes. To do so, they'll need the following details -

Email address: The email address that you would like the account to be registered under (needs to be a separate email address from the existing account)

ABN: I have this already from further above but if you have any GST branch numbers for your ABN, please let me know

If you can send the above to me in a Private Message that would be great.

Once the account is created and we've tested that its working successfully, we'll reset the password and MFA on the account so that you will be the only person with access.