Payroll app superannuation

Options
Farmer02
Farmer02 Member Posts: 15 ✭

On employee details superannuation is not calculating. I have ticked the box pay preferences on all super guarantee earning items used. It is showing $0.

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

To be honest, I'm not sure where things are going wrong for you at the moment. I went through quite a bit of testing on 3 of my accounts to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing but its all working normally/as expected in my case so I don't think this is an issue with the app but rather something in your setup.

I prefer not to do this but at this stage, the only thing I can offer is take a look at your account myself but that will require access to it ie. your login credentials, your permission/authorisation to do so, and also confirmation to remove the existing MFA so that I can access your account.

If you're comfortable with that, then shoot me a Private Message with the above and I'll see what I can do for you.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Farmer02

Have you created, and are you using, a custom super item?

If so, has the custom super item been assigned to a super fund?

Has this super ever calculated successfully in a pay run using either this specific earning and/or super item?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Farmer02
    Options

Im not using Premium, I have used 2 of these earning items before, added another and did check the box for SG

• Farmer02
    Options

If I send the payrun to the ato without the super calculating on the employee details would there be a problem.

• Rav
    Options

If I send the payrun to the ato without the super calculating on the employee details would there be a problem.

I'd advised against that. If super is supposed to be included in the pay run for the employee then it should be added prior to the submission so the data you're sending to the ATO is correct.

I've tried doing some testing to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing but it seems to be working ok in my case on both an existing and new earning item using the default super guarantee item.

I'll need more info from you in relation to your setup, specifically the items you're using.

What is your default SG item set up with? (see my screenshot example below)

• Farmer02
    Options

I created shearing, crutching and shed hand 2 of which i had used before

• Farmer02
    Options

I forgot to mention this payrun was for a new employee. Super Item details

- Super Guarantee 10.50

Pay preferences were all that I used.

• Rav
    Options

I don't have access to your account so can't see how things are setup to get a fuller picture of your pay items but essentially, if you're using custom earning items and want SG to calculate with them then they need to be added to the Super Guarantee earning item.

As an example, below if my Super Guarantee item, as you'll see I have other earning items that I've custom created (eg. Custom Earnings Test 1, Sheep etc) ticked as well so that super is calculated on them when I use them in a pay run.

• Farmer02
    Options

When I add a pay item to Pay Preferences on edit super item page and tap done to go out the screen goes to something went wrong

• Rav
    edited February 2023
    Options

Can you shoot me the following -

• Screenshots showing the earning item that you're trying to tick to Super Guarantee pay preferences and then the screen where the error message is appearing
    • The ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account

Confirm that you're on the latest version of the Payroll App (Currently v6.0.31)

• Farmer02
    Options

The something went wrong screen only happens When I try to add or remove pay preferences and tap done on both screens.

• Farmer02
    Options

ABN 72754235358

Version 6.0.31

• Rav
    Options

Is this the default Super Guarantee item that came with the app or is it one that you've created yourself?

If its the default one, can tick the 'include in ordinary' calculation option from the list and hit Done. It might throw back that same error message and if it does, just hit the back arrow in the top left corner.

If you go back in you should see that its held the selection for that and the other earning items.

It should calculate super for all of those selected earning items when used in a pay run after that but let me know how you go.

• Farmer02
    Options

Hi Rav, I haven't created a new Super Guarantee. I deleted pay run and started again. On Superannuation Item page there are 2 options salary sacrifice and super guarantee, I tap on super guarantee, then tap on edit to check Pay Preferences pay items are all ticked there that I have used, tap done, then go back to payrun, tap on edit hit done, then check employee details page and it still hasn't calculated super. Where am I going wrong?

• Farmer02
    Options

Hi Rav, Is this a problem with the app or have I done something wrong. This is the first time I have had a problem using the app.