EOFY

Chris_10865239
Chris_10865239 Member Posts: 6 ✭

Hi

Having issues with pay runs I completed a little late being added into my EOFY totals for 2022.

The pay runs seems correct by have added into 2023 instead of 2022

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Chris

I'll need more more information in regard to the specific pay runs that you've noticed have been added to the previous year totals.

Specifically, the pay date is the determining factor on which period the pay run falls in. What is the pay date for the pay runs you've entered that you have noticed don't belong in the 2022 FY?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris_10865239

Hi Rav

I have 2 pay runs that should be in 2021/22 financial year that are in 2022/23 year.

Both runs have a paid date in the correct year.

Pay runs 31/3/22 and 30/6/22 don't appear in the 2021/22 year. they are 2023 as far as EOFY goes.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Chris,

Can you shoot through a screenshot of those two pay runs that show the dates as they're listed in the pay run details screen (example screenshot below).

Also, can you recall whether these two pay runs may have been created with a pay date set in the current 2022/23 financial year and then edited later to a pay date in the previous year?

Finally, are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? (Currently v6.0.31)

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris_10865239

Hi Rav

I've attached all pay runs for 2021/22 FY and EOFY details for 2021/22 ands 2022/23.

And yes the 2 pay runs for 31/3/22 and 30/6/22 were created with a pay date in the current FY and I did do an edit of the date as per your coments above.

• Chris_10865239

Hi

Just wondering if you were able to sort out how I fix my issue?

• Rav

And yes the 2 pay runs for 31/3/22 and 30/6/22 were created with a pay date in the current FY and I did do an edit of the date as per your coments above.

Hi Chris,

The above is the reason why this has occurred. Changing the pay date to one that falls in a different financial year won't 'move' the balances of that pay run into that financial year. Its something I've asked our dev team to take a look and see if there are any improvements that can be made there.

In the meantime though, what you need to do is delete these two pay runs which will remove the balances from the current 2022/23 FY in your app.

Recreate them with the correct pay date from the outset and it will then show in the correct financial year which will allow you to then perform your EOFY finalisation.

• Chris_10865239

No worries.

I can't find a delete payroll tab.

Can you confirm correct way to delete, and thanks for your time.

regards

Chris

• Rav

Sorry I should have explained that part better.

Go into the pay run itself and switch it back to draft status. Once its back into draft then tap on the menu button in the top right corner and select 'Delete draft pay run'.

That will delete the pay run completely and remove the balances from that pay run from the employee's Year to Date balances in the app

• Chris_10865239

Thank again.

I assume when I delete it, something goes through to ATO.

• Rav

Nothing goes through to the ATO when you delete a pay run, it removes the balances of that pay run from the app itself only.

Since STP is reported on a Year to Date basis only, the next time you send a successful submission through for a 2022/23 pay run it will automatically update the YTD balances at that point.