IIF file upload successfully done but adding multiple classes in Reckon

Options
Dianita
Dianita Member Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello Team,

Not sure if anyone who is an expert in IIF file creation has a fix for this. I had some issue with the same file template of upload last month which I used again this month but tweaked a bit. I manually deleted the class column and manually typed over to the correct classes. Is there a fix for this? The file has 200+ lines which are assigned to Global, NSW, QLD and VIC. Below snapshot is just capturing the Global, but the list is quite long. I had a separate discussion last month to fix the already entered class in our live Reckon file. This below was uploaded into one of the test file, which is a relief.

Snapshot of the IIF file upload

Reckon class list after upload

Thanks and regards,

Nita

Answers

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

Normally, the Class List would only show one instance of the class name.

Before you imported that JOURNAL IIF file, did the Class List already contain a name "Global"?

Did you make a backup of the file before you imported that IIF file?

• Dianita
    Options

Hello morning Team,

Thanks for your reply. The answer to your first question is yes, it existed and has been used for years. We also imported other IIF files (journals/ BILL) with thousands of lines with 'Global' as class and no issue with those. It's just this new IIF file template that did seem to put in the 200 extra classes there.

The answer to your last question, not applicable (even though yes, we always do a backup regularly), because I test uploaded the file in a test Reckon file (i.e. a version of one of our back up files).

Lastly, all classes were impacted (not just Global). We have NSW, VIC and QLD as well with the same issue from that single IIF file upload. They are just not in the snapshot as this list is so long.

Thanks,

Nita

• Dianita
    Options

Hello @Graham Boast,

Would you happen to know a fix for the issue of multiple classes created above?

Still hoping that we can analyse and amend the file so that it can be used to upload the information.

Thanks and regards,

Nita

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Is there a space before or after the data in Global? This can cause multiple instances of the field in Reckon. You can check this using the LEN(cell) function which should return a 6 for global (6 characters).

Let me know.

Graham Boast 0409317366

graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Dianita
    Options

Morning Graham,

Yes, I think a colleague of mine did suggest verifying it this way the first time it happened in early March. I did run through the same check again earlier and they all showed the right character length, i.e. Global with 6, and VIC, QLD and NSW with 3. Is there any other check we can perform other than LEN?

Thanks and regards,

Nita

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

can you export the class list from Reckon (file utilities export lists to iif tick Class List) and email to me. also iif file you are trying to import.

Graham

graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au