I have noticed that I can't send invoices/statements from Outlook to Gmail addresses.

Options

Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a solution to it?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JustineM

What is happening specifically when you attempt to send to Gmail addresses?

Are you encountering an error message? If so, what is it?

When did this first start occurring?

Are emails sent from your email address to these Gmail addresses external from Reckon Accounts being received successfully?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I send to many Gmail accounts, but I use Hosted not desktop

• JustineM
    JustineM Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi Rav

I am using Reckon Accounts Premier: Retail Edition 2022 (multi user).

I am using Outlook 365, version 2303 and for the past month or so whenever I process an invoice and email if it being sent to a Gmail address I get a 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender' message. It has now started happening when I try to email payslips as well (see below).

This is the mail system at host relay.mailchannels.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<iraramanauskas@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.203.27]

said: 550-5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk

to the 550-5.7.26 sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender

must 550-5.7.26 authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. For this

message, 550-5.7.26 DKIM checks did not pass and SPF check for

[condingupwreckers.com.au 550-5.7.26 ] did not pass with ip:

[23.83.212.50]. The sender should visit 550-5.7.26

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for 550 5.7.26

instructions on setting up authentication.

h1-20020a63df41000000b00520e69b7439si3778084pgj.560 - gsmtp (in reply to

end of DATA command)

• Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Options

I get this issue intermittently when emailing payslips to employees. It has happened again today. It normally eventually sorts itself and they send fine, but it's really annoying. Some weeks it works fine with no issues, then today they have failed to send twice. The employees who don't have gmail accounts received their payslips without any issues.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi all,

Are emails sent to these particular Gmail addresses external from Reckon Accounts being received successfully? Or do they also result in an undelivered response being sent back?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lynne_8946547
    Options

I just sent a normal email and also tried sending the payslip again. Both emails failed to send, so it's probably a gmail issue rather than Reckon.

• Lynne_8946547
    Options

Hi Justine & Rav

I contacted our domain host (Crazy Domains) this morning. They did something at their end which seems to have resolved the issue.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Lynne