My salary increase hasn't changed in the pay run

Kristy
Kristy Member Posts: 21

Hi. I increased an employee's salary in their pay set up (as I couldn't find where to put in a "raise") prior to creating a pay run but the new salary amount isn't showing in the pay run. It's still showing the old amount. Have I missed doing something or done this wrong?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Kristy

I just tested this out in my own Reckon One test book to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing however I'll list my results below. Please note, this is just an example using dummy data.

Before salary rate change

Salary pay item added to employee with a monthly pay frequency and a new pay run created for them which populates the pay item and the current rate assigned to it.

After salary rate change

Increased the salary rate in the employee's Pay Setup and then created a new pay run. The rate has updated to reflect the higher salary amount in the new pay run.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kristy

Hi Rav. Thanks for your response. So I wonder why that didn't happen for me then? I've also had difficulty adding a staff deduction to another employee. I'm adding it to their pay set up but it's not then flowing through to my pay runs.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I think it might be worth giving our Reckon One support team a buzz on 1300 756 663 so we can have one of our technicians take a closer look into your setup to just make sure everything is configured correctly for how you need it 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kristy

Thanks for your help Rav.