One Step Update has stopped working

Options

I am a long time user of Quicken / Reckon Accounts.

Since end of April One Step Update has stopped working on ALL my shares.

How do I get working again?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Paul

I've just tried running an update in my Personal Plus 2022 install and it worked normally, see result example below -

A good place to start in diagnosing any contributing factors causing your update to fail are outlined in the help guide linked below which I'd strongly recommend you check out -

Also, I'd recommend ensuring that your file name is less than 8 characters in length.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Paul_7109924
    Paul_7109924 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rav,

I regularly backup to an RKN file. I have just accessed the most recent backed up file from 30th April and the One Step Update worked OK?

Paul

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav

I am using Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2021. I tried to use the One Step Update to update my shares yesterday, 8 May 2023.

The Update worked correctly on Friday, 5 May but did not work yesterday and is still not working today.

Can you help please?

Terry

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Good troubleshooting in restoring and checking the previous backup file Paul. If its working on the old backup but failing on the newer working copy of your file, I'm leaning toward possible corruption in the file (somewhat referenced in Condition 3 in the above guide).

I'm assuming there haven't been any changes made to the file location/directory where its saved since the last time you were able to successfully update, correct? Is your file name longer than 8 characters in length?

Hi Terry

Can I just confirm, do you still have a valid online services licence with your 2021 version? The only reason I ask is, when I attempted to update the shares I have in the test file in my old 2021 version, I couldn't as the online services licence had run out. I upgraded my version to 2022 and was solved.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Gadd
    Peter Gadd Member Posts: 8
    Options

I have had a similar experience to Rav, perfectly fine Saturday morning (5th. May), for Friday's quotes, not working this morning 9th. May for the 8ths. quotes?

Pete G

• Rav
    Options

Hi again folks,

Sorry, I just had another try at updating share prices in my 2022 install and yes I can also replicate no prices coming through for yesterday (8 May), the last successful price update was the 5th. This seems to be isolated to AU shares only ie. the NZ shares I have in my list updated correctly to the 8th.

Let me get this across to our product dev team and see if they can take a look into this.

I'll keep you posted.

• Terry
    Options

Hi Rav

Yes, my online services licence is still valid until 1/06/2023.

Terry

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rav,

I am having trouble also. Last successful share price update was the 5th. Share price data for the 8th isn't working. Currency price for the 8th is updating ok. My license is valid up to November this year.

Ross

• Rav
    Options

Hi folks

I've just a quick word with our Personal Range team and they've given me some preliminary info on this. It seems as though the pricing info for yesterday (8 May) has been late in coming through to us and due to that has missed the processing deadline.

Its been raised internally and I'm waiting to hear on more info in regard to when we can expect this to become available for updating in your software.

I'll let you know here with a further update as soon as I get more info from the team.

• Karl Baker
    Karl Baker Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

I see you guys are aware of the issue with Reckon PP share pricing not updating since yesterday 8/5/2023. I will add my name to the list as another customer affected by this. My PP2022 licence is valid until July.

• Rav
    Options

** UPDATE **

Hi again everyone

Just wanted to give you another update with some good news 🙂

Our dev team have just let me know that share price info for yesterday is now available for download. I've just tested as well on my 2022 install and its been successful. Screenshot below -

• Karl Baker
    Karl Baker Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

I just checked my Reckon PP out and I now get the share price update as well. Cheers.

• Terry
    Options

Rav, you've done it again!

Just checked and all my share prices are updated. Thanks so much for all your assistance.

Much appreciated.

Terry

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rav.

My share price download is up and running again.

Ross

1364434 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Todays 9/5/23 not updating now. Please follow up with the dev team again.

Also any news on the issue with imputation credits that causes it to add to your cash account? There was a lot of talk about it last time I needed to come online but nothing has changed

• Rav
    Options

Morning all,

Unfortunately it looks as though yesterday's share price update was also delayed which has resulted in the price info for 9 May to be currently unavailable.

Our team is already looking into this and I'll keep you updated with more info as soon as I have it.

Apologies for the hassle this is causing at the moment ☹️

• Peter Gadd
    Peter Gadd Member Posts: 8
    Options

I have just updated my shares for the9th. may prices at approximately 10.30 am, and all is well with them, maybe it doesn't like early starts?

Pete G

• Rav
    Options

Thanks @Peter Gadd

Apologies for not updating sooner everyone, this was resolved earlier this morning so share price updates for yesterday 9 May are available and will download to your software.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Well done Rav for all your efforts

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Paul_7109924
    Paul_7109924 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rav,

I confirm that the file location has not changed and the file name is only 6 characters long.

Have had no more issues since updating the backup file.

Regards