Reckon Desktop in Dropbox syncing
Our staff are at various locations around Queensland, so we hold our Reckon Desktop files in Dropbox. This normally works well, but over the past month our Reckon files have not been syncing, resulting in conflicted copies and having to re-do work.
I am taking this as a Reckon problem as all of our files are kept in Dropbox, and we are not having syncing issues with any other files.
Does anyone know what is causing this and what a solution would be? Thanks. Laura.
Do you have any issues with the file if it's saved in a place on your computer outside of Dropbox?0
No, because it doesn't have to sync if I save it to my computer.0
Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 937
The Reckon Accounts desktop software is not designed to have its data files simultaneously accessed via a DropBox folder location.
For the scenario you are describing, in which there are multiple users in multiple locations, the Reckon Accounts Hosted platform would be more suitable if you need simultaneous access.
You may have been successfully using it that way if only one person was l logged in to the data file, then logged out, then DropBox synced the local copy of the file to the DropBox folder, then another person in a different location synced the DropBox copy to their local drive and then opened it in Reckon Accounts.
If you do not require simultaneous access to the QBW file, you can use DropBox by:
1) Have the file on DropBox
2) Sync the file that is on DropBox to the local computer of User 1
3) Have User 1 open the Reckon Accounts software and access the QBW file that has been synced.
4) User 1 makes the changes that they need to do, then logs out of the QBW file
5) Synch the updated QBW file on the desktop with the one in DropBox so that it now contains the most up-to-date info
6) Sync the file that is on DropBox to the local computer of User 2
7) Have User 2 open the Reckon Accounts software and access the QBW file that has been synced.
8) User 2 makes the changes that they need to do, then logs out of the QBW file
9) Synch the updated QBW file on the desktop with the one in DropBox so that it now contains the most up-to-date info
Reckon Data Recovery Team
Data Services Tip - Try this first before requesting a data service1
- 18.3K All Categories
- 6.3K Accounts Hosted
- 5.7K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 10 PaySauce for Reckon Accounts NZ
- 977 Reckon Payroll App
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 13 Reckon Mate App
- 2.9K Reckon One
- 8 Reckon Invoices App
- 12 Reckon Insights
- 105 Reckon API
- 773 Payroll Premier
- 290 Point of Sale (Desktop)
- 1.8K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 57 About Reckon Community