Is STP phase 2 transition available for desktop users ?

Ann_10524711
Ann_10524711 Member Posts: 12
edited May 2023 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hello, I am a Reckon Accounts Desktop user and wondering if there will be a transition period available for STP Phase 2 for us? to allow for preparation before going live to STP site?

Thanks

Ann

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Ann

STP Phase 2 functionality along with a Migration Assistant to help with getting your employee and pay item information up to date with Phase 2 requirements will be available with the upcoming 2023 release of Reckon Accounts desktop. This is due for release on June 13 at this stage.

Our recommendation is to finalise your 2022/23 financial year and then upgrade to the new edition and complete the migration assistant so that you start fresh under STP Phase 2 from the upcoming FY moving forward. Its not exactly necessary but just for simplicity and that you'll starting the new year fresh on STP Phase 2.

If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend that you check out the info in our STP Phase 2 preparation guide to get an understanding of the new requirements and what information you can start gathering now so you're ready -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ann_10524711

Hi Rav

Thank you for the update on the release for desktop users. I have had a quick look through the information but will be studying it more thoroughly before the upgrade.

When I do start to enter the new required information, can it be done in stages if I am time poor, or does it have to be done between pay runs to go live? for example If I have some employees updated and others not, will that create an issue over several pay runs?

Do you know how long the migration takes - estimate?

Thanks

Ann

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Ann

When I do start to enter the new required information, can it be done in stages if I am time poor, or does it have to be done between pay runs to go live? for example If I have some employees updated and others not, will that create an issue over several pay runs?

The Migration Assistant will allow you to pause at any stage and then pick things back up again from where you left off later on however, you'll need to finish the migration prior to actioning any pay runs in the 2023 edition as the new version is only STP Phase 2 compliant ie. any employees and pay items need to be configured with the necessary information for Phase 2 reporting for it to be processed & accepted.

Do you know how long the migration takes - estimate?

The migration assistant is broken down into 4 main stages;

• Employees
    • Gross wage items
    • Allowance items
    • Leave items

It will allow you to designate the required information for each employee & pay item in bulk if/where you can. How long it will take is largely dependent on how many employees and items you have and need to update, so I can't really give you an estimate on that but I've been looking at it this morning and its pretty straightforward provided that you're prepared in regard to the new requirements eg. income stream, disaggregation of gross earnings etc etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ann_10524711

Hi Rav

Thanks for your helpful information, much appreciated. Hope it all goes smoothly 😊