STP REPORTING FINALISATION 2023

JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 331 Reckon Star Reckon Star

I'm reconciling my payroll for EOY and have found a pay run back in August 22 has not been lodged. My STP reports don't reconcile with my payroll reports.

How do I lodge an STP event to update the figures?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Jo-Anne

STP is reported on a Year To Date basis only, any subsequent submissions that you sent AFTER this pay run will have already updated the employee YTD balances.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• JO-ANNE_7327707

Hi Rav

I have downloaded the STP report from the ATO and totalled it for the year, it doesn't agree with my Reckon figures.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2023

Are the Year to Date balances in Hosted correct? ie. reflect what they should be in reality?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• JO-ANNE_7327707

A payrun has not been lodged.

Reckon GovConnect STP doesn't and the ATO Portal do not agree with my Reckon reports.

Reckon Accounts Hosted is correct.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If the payrun that didn’t get lodged includes an employee who hasn’t subsequently been paid she won’t be picked up until the EOFY submission. I would export that and check the details up the top in the export window and see if the totals agree. You can also upload it and check individual employee, you don’t have to submit it

• JO-ANNE_7327707

Thanks Kris

so I've got this right, I have reconciled my payroll in Reckon.

I have gone into STP lodgements in Reckon and selected pay event - Finalise Year. The gross and PAYG figures showing agree with my payroll reports.

So I can lodge the STP event?

Have I got this right?

thank you.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I believe so………………….

• Rav

@JO-ANNE

If the balances in Hosted are correct, and you're ready to do so, you can send through the EOFY finalisation. Doing so will overwrite any and all balances that the ATO have received up to this point to the YTD balances present in the EOFY submission.