STP2 and payroll summaries

Options
KimM
KimM Member Posts: 10

Hi there

Three Q's:

1) We have two line items in payroll for non-taxable travel allowance up to $5,000pa.

They have both been set up as Additions to Net Pay with exactly the same the tax codes - 'Allowance - cents per kilometre'

However, when we print out our Payroll Summary one appears in Gross Pay, and one appears in Additions to Net Pay.

Since changing the tax codes to 'Allowance - cents per kilometre', when we go to upload STP2, it includes the Additions to Net Pay travel allowance in the gross figure, but still shows it under the Additions to Net Pay line item.

2) How do we get both line items to sit on the Payroll Summary print out under Additions to Net pay?

3) Last year our reported figures aligned with STP as Adjusted Gross Pay. This year since STP2 began, the STP2 figures are coming up as Total Gross Pay, as though it is including salary sacrifice to super in the reportable Total Gross Pay - is this correct - is ATO now asking for every payroll item to be reported as Total Gross?

Cheers

Kim

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,536 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi Kim

Can I just clarify, are you referring to the Income Statement in an employee's MyGov account or the old payment summary generated within the software?

The reason I ask is, STP Phase 2 has introduced additional reporting requirements specifically around the disaggregation of gross.

These new reporting requirements weren't part of the old Payment Summary (or EMPDUPE) lodgement process, therefore, if you view the Payment Summary for a financial year that contains one or more STP Phase 2 lodgements, you will find the amounts don't match.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• KimM
    Options

Hi Rav - thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

I am referring to the Payroll Summary generated within the software.

We did all the recommended and issued Reckon requirements prior to our first payroll in July so the disaggregation of gross.

Re: Payroll summaries - this is a report for a payroll period or individual - depending on what is selected. (not the end of payroll year summary)

How do we change this report to fit with the Updated Payroll Items and current information issued to ATO, so we can easily reconcile our payroll summary to the exported totals in STP2 portal to ATO?

Cheers

Kim

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,348 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

The payroll summaries no longer work, and that is what is meant to happen, the STP and income tax ready summaries in individuals' MyGov replaces them

• KimM
    Options

Thanks Kris. I am referring to the Payroll Summary report under Employees and Payroll in Reckon.

Are you saying this report is no longer valid in the Reckon software?

As well as items 1 and 2 on initial query, item 3 query is re: the Total Gross figure received at STP2 is TOTAL Gross including Salary Sacrifice, whereas previously it was an adjusted gross figure which was received at STP.

We have checked all the payroll items and they align with the information and spreadsheet tax coding that Reckon issued.

Is there anyone I can speak to directly about this do you know?

Cheers

Kim