I am having difficulty adding my accountant to access my Reckon Book

Options
DianeRobson
DianeRobson Member Posts: 3
edited August 2023 in Reckon One

He received the first email link which did not work - I have tried again since 'sharing' the book with him. however the link still does not work - I have tried to remove him as a staff member and re add him - he is not receiving any further links to log onto, so he still has no access.

I also thought I logged support in this regard but received no confirmation - am I supposed to received acknowledgment that my support ticket has been received ?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @DianeRobson

Has the person you're attempting to share with setup their own Reckon Portal account and more specifically, verified the email address for that account? (They would have received a verification email when they setup the account).

Also, are you trying to add them as a staff member to your Portal account or share your Reckon One book? They're two distinct things with different results.

Let me know when you can

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DianeRobson
    Options

Thank you Rav - yes they did receive the initial email to set up but in that process in "Failed to Fetch" - they have asked if that email can be sent again as I may not have set them up correctly to start with ?! I am a little confused sorry !

I just want my accountant to access my book to do my tax - can you please recommend if I should just share the book with them or add them as a staff member.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks @DianeRobson

I think we might need to take a closer look at the account you're trying to share TO and just confirm whether its been setup correctly/verified.

Can you send me the email address of both your account and the account you are trying to share to in a private message and I'll just do a quick.

I just want my accountant to access my book to do my tax - can you please recommend if I should just share the book with them or add them as a staff member.

In regard to the above, the best way is to share the book itself with them rather than adding them as a staff member. There's a guide on how to share your Reckon One book below -

📄 Sharing your Reckon One book

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DianeRobson
    Options

Sure ...... how do I do private message !?

• Rav
    Options

Just click on my name and select the Message button on my profile card that appears 😊