I am having difficulty adding my accountant to access my Reckon Book

DianeRobson
DianeRobson Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member
edited August 2023 in Reckon One

He received the first email link which did not work - I have tried again since 'sharing' the book with him. however the link still does not work - I have tried to remove him as a staff member and re add him - he is not receiving any further links to log onto, so he still has no access.

I also thought I logged support in this regard but received no confirmation - am I supposed to received acknowledgment that my support ticket has been received ?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @DianeRobson

Has the person you're attempting to share with setup their own Reckon Portal account and more specifically, verified the email address for that account? (They would have received a verification email when they setup the account).

Also, are you trying to add them as a staff member to your Portal account or share your Reckon One book? They're two distinct things with different results.

Let me know when you can

• DianeRobson

Thank you Rav - yes they did receive the initial email to set up but in that process in "Failed to Fetch" - they have asked if that email can be sent again as I may not have set them up correctly to start with ?! I am a little confused sorry !

I just want my accountant to access my book to do my tax - can you please recommend if I should just share the book with them or add them as a staff member.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks @DianeRobson

I think we might need to take a closer look at the account you're trying to share TO and just confirm whether its been setup correctly/verified.

Can you send me the email address of both your account and the account you are trying to share to in a private message and I'll just do a quick.

I just want my accountant to access my book to do my tax - can you please recommend if I should just share the book with them or add them as a staff member.

In regard to the above, the best way is to share the book itself with them rather than adding them as a staff member. There's a guide on how to share your Reckon One book below -

πŸ“„ Sharing your Reckon One book

• DianeRobson

Sure ...... how do I do private message !?

• Rav

Just click on my name and select the Message button on my profile card that appears 😊