Termination date

I have upgraded to Reckon Payroll from Reckon One. One of our employees works for us casually from time to time. He is classed as terminated now in Payroll and I cannot edit the termination date to show he is doing work with us again. I can only change his start date, but it won't let me do that as it's after the termination date. Reckon One used to let me make employees active or inactive easily. This payroll is so much more complicated. It won't let me edit the start or termination dates. Please help and tell me what I can do to change this.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,207 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Kezzabang

Have you already completed the STP Phase 2 Checklist after upgrading to Reckon Payroll? ie. is your old payroll functionality in your Reckon One book now disabled?

Also, what is happening when you try to remove the termination date in Reckon Payroll itself?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kezzabang
    Kezzabang Member Posts: 4 ✭

I can't use Reckon One anymore. If I try to it redirects me to Reckon Payroll. Now I am trying to do this week's pay run and when I click on the employee to add in their hours worked, the window that opens on the side to put in all those details is blank except for the "done" tab at the bottom.

It doesn't give me the option of removing the termination date.

• Kezzabang

Honestly I have found this new STP Phase 2 to be a nightmare from the start.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,207 Community Manager Community Manager

Really sorry to hear its been so difficult @Kezzabang ☹️, its certainly not what we're aiming for but there have been a few issues that we're trying to work through at the moment.

I'll try to cover a few things below -

Now I am trying to do this week's pay run and when I click on the employee to add in their hours worked, the window that opens on the side to put in all those details is blank except for the "done" tab at the bottom.

Currently, there's an issue where editing an existing pay run is bringing up the blank menu such as what you've outlined. Our teams are working on rectifying this aspect of it at the highest priority as we speak, more info HERE.

It doesn't give me the option of removing the termination date.

In regard to the inability to remove the termination date, I think that's something we need to take a closer look at. I've just sent through an access request to your Reckon One book, can you please grant access when you have a chance. Also, can you advise which specific employee (their name) that you're trying to remove the termination date for.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kezzabang

The employees name is Logan McKinnon

• Rav

Thanks for that @Kezzabang

I tried giving this a go from my end to see if I could remove that termination date for Logan however unfortunately I ran into the same issue.

I've put the details of this together into a case and flicked it over to my dev team to take a closer look and fix up for us.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from the team on this.

• PremierCeilings
    PremierCeilings Member Posts: 1 ✭
    edited September 2023

I no longer need help and have deleted my question