Unable to enter new employee

Kim_10862296
Kim_10862296 Member Posts: 9 Novice Member Novice Member
edited September 2023 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I can complete the first section for adding a new employee - Employee Details, this saves and goes to the Leave Entitlements tab.

When I click Save and Continue an error box pops up with Employee details not saved. Unable to determine default super fund for Salary Sacrifice.

Only option is to cancel.

Apart from not being able to enter this employee, two other questions can be asked:

1 - employee is entered as casual therefore there should be no leave showing on the Leave tab.

2 - employee is 16 so therefore not eligible for super so the error message is very strange.

The payroll for other employees has been paid yesterday, this one has had a manual payment made but we are unable to provide a payslip, as required by FairWork.

I did raise a support case for this on Tuesday night when I was actually processing the payroll but have yet to receive a reply.

Really need to get this sorted...

Tagged:

Comments

• Anne Cameron
    Anne Cameron Member Posts: 3 Reckoner Reckoner

HI Kim

I have had the same issue when trying to set up a new employee tonight. Will be interested to hear how to sort it. Anne

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 28

Hi @Kim_10862296 & @Anne Cameron

You just need to add in the default system super fund to that employee's profile. That doesn't mean you need to pay them super, there just needs to be a super fund, in this case, the generic/default system super fund applied to each employee.

Go to Settings ➡ Superannuation Funds

Click the Create Superannuation Fund button ➡ APRA regulated ➡ Enter 'Default' in the Fund Name field then select the Default Super Fund option that appears in the list ➡ Create

Once you've done that go back to the employee that you're trying to edit and click on Step 4 - Other Details and scroll to the superannuation section.

Assign the default super fund you've just created to the employee.

Update any other details you need to such as phone number, email address, DOB etc etc and save the employee profile.

Let me know how you get on.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kim_10862296

Good morning Rav,

The problem that I have is that I can't actually add the employee.

Entering personal details etc on the first tab works fine but when you click on Continue the error message comes up.

So there is no option to go to any other tab.

And yes, there is the default fund setup as I did read that in one of your pinned notes.

• Sara Moyle
    Sara Moyle Member Posts: 2 Reckoner Reckoner

I am having the same issue.

I can enter personal details on casual employee. There are no leave entitlements, but does not allow me to go any further

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 487 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Are any users still having this issue? Are you able to successfully create a new employee now?

Thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Robyn Kelly (Partner)

The employee creation process should be working fine. If you're having trouble with it let me know.

Separately, we also had a fix just go out in the last few minutes that should solve some unrelated hiccups we were experiencing with super funds.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kim_10862296

It all seems to be working OK now.

The last few fixes have sorted out most of the problems.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 487 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Still unable to create new employee @Rav . Here is the error message:

But I don't even get the chance to get to the super setup, it happens when clicking "Save & Continue" at the Leave Entitlements screen.

Andrew H is aware of the issue, please speak with him for further info.

Thank you

Roibyn Kelly

• Angella
    Angella Member Posts: 37 Reckoner Reckoner

@Robyn Kelly (Partner) I have found that when setting up Salary Sacrifice, that it did not calculate pre tax, so employees set up with SS were being taxed extra. There is another category Salary Sacrifice For Super which seems to calculate tax correctly.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)

Thanks @Angella, I do NOT have a salary sacrifice payroll item set up at all in settings so I am at a loss to why this error message is occuring for a new employee. I don't even get to the superannuation setup screen.

Thank you for your ideas though

• Rav

Morning @Robyn Kelly (Partner)

Andrew & I have been having a chat, we've recreated the system default super fund in the Reckon Payroll book. Can you please give it another go when you have a chance and let me know if you're able to create your employee successfully.

Cheers

• Pia
    Pia Member Posts: 73 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav

I am also having the same issues with creating new employee :/

• KannikaM
    KannikaM Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

I'm still having the same issue with adding new employees. Even create a default super fund from superannuation funds in the settings according to the how-to, but it still doesn't work.

Thank you

• Pia

@Rav I need to do a payrun this morning and have 2 employees to add, can you please let me know how to fix this issue, thanks

• Rav

@Pia @KannikaM

Hi guys

From what I understand, that error message is appearing because the default super fund is trying to find a missing item, in this case the salary sacrifice item based on @KannikaM's screenshot.

Go into Settings ➡️ Pay Items and create the salary sacrifice item.

Once you've done this you should be able to create the new employee without issue.

If the error message refers to a different item eg. Super Guarantee for example then create that instead of salary sacrifice.

Hopefully that gets you back on track but let me know if you still have any trouble.

• KannikaM
    KannikaM Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav

I'm able to create new employee without any issue now.

Thank you so much

• Pia

@Rav All sorted thanks, do you have any update on the YTD super for SMSF that I need to change from Default Fund?