STP2 Declaration by BAS Agent Error

Rach02
Rach02 Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

I am a BAS Agent who processes payroll for 2 clients using Reckon Payroll. I have recently converted to STP2 from Reckon One. I had no problem declaring using Reckon One since STP1 started but now I keep getting the following error when I declare to the ATO:

You are not authorised to submit this lodgment on behalf of the client.If you are a tax practitioner, ensure your registered agent number is used in the transmission and try again.If you are a business sending on behalf of another business, get an Authorisation administrator to ensure there is a business appointment in Access Manager and give your credential access if required.

I am set up in GovConnect as an Advisor with my registered agent number. I have checked the branch number is the same in Reckon One and Reckon Payroll (it was just 1 in Reckon One but I have changed it to 001) and there are no spaces in the ABN.

Can you please tell me what else I need to do to get the declaration to the ATO as a BAS Agent to be accepted?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Rach02

I've just been speaking with the product dev team in regard to your case.

Can I ask a favour and get you to check something out.

Hop into the respective STP entity in GovConnect for the ABN that you're trying to submit for.

If you compare your Registered Agent Name that has been entered in GovConnect (screenshot example below), does it match exactly to your name as it appears in Access Manager?

(I could be wrong, but I believe its the Manage Permissions page in Access Manager)

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Yasuyo
    Yasuyo Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi I have the same problem as Rach02.

Thank you for your advice Rav. I checked Registered agent name and my ABN that all correct, I just want to clarify what you mean by the name on the access manager page. Where should I look for that?

I have already done the STP 2 quite a few times with no problems at all in weekly basis but ever since this week, I suddenly couldn't connect and the same message on Rach02 appears.

• Rach02
    edited September 2023

Hi Rav,

I checked Access Manager and my name included my middle name but in GovConnect it just had my first and last name. I edited GovConnect to include my middle name and then resubmitted a pay run typing in my full name as it is in Access Manager but I am still getting the same error message.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for trying @Rach02 and for your report as well @Yasuyo.

I've spoken to our product dev team in relation to this and its currently under investigation & is our top priority at the moment. Apologies for the hassle its caused so far, I'm keeping a very close eye on further developments with this and I'll keep you posted with further news as soon as I receive it.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Rav

Hi again folks πŸ‘‹

Just wanted to let know our dev team have pushed through an update which hopefully resolves the issue you've been experiencing this error message is returned when you send through an STP submission.

I do need to ask a favour though, we need to get some feedback around this when you have a chanceπŸ™

Specifically, can you please send through your submission again and let me know if its successful (or not).

If its not, is the same error message returned?

Thanks so much for your patience and let me know when you can.

• Rach02

The update has worked. I am now getting "Success" so thank you for following up and getting it fixed.

• Rav

Awesome, thanks for confirming @Rach02 πŸ‘πŸŽ‰

• Yasuyo
    Yasuyo Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Thank you Rav. It worked. Really appreciate that ;)

• Rav

Great to hear, thanks heaps @Yasuyo πŸ™Œ