Former employee returning to employment

System Member Posts: 228 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to un-terminate employee in Reckon Payroll - Want to remove termination date.


  • danni3968
    danni3968 Member Posts: 1 ✭
    edited October 2023

    Hi Rav,

    I am having the same problem and I'm hoping you can assist me. I have had an employee return to our company this month (so after the stp2 upgrade). As he was previously employed 18 months ago his record was archived and I tried to reinstate it without success as per the same issues noted above (can change the termination date but the reason was disabled, etc.).

    I tried creating a new employee for him with a different employee number & display name as you suggested above but the tax file number is preventing the record from being created as an invalid/duplicate error is thrown. Is there something else I can try?

  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,190 Community Manager Community Manager

    Hi @danni3968

    Can you let me know the exact error message that is coming up when you try to create this new profile. A screenshot would be super helpful.

    Just triple checking, the display name and the employee number were 100% different from the previous profile correct?

    ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.