Annual Leave, Personal Leave & LSL balance do not accrual after payrun

Patrick_8319167
Patrick_8319167 Member Posts: 38 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have checked annual leave, personal leave and Long Service Leave Balance as at 30 Sep 23. I find that their balance are as same as Aug. Their is no any accrual after the payrun.

The setting of leave accrual rate is based on "per time worked":

Does anyone know why the leave not accrual after pay run? And how to fix this issue?

Many thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,221 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Patrick_8319167

Do you have multiple Annual/Personal/LSL leave items setup under the Settings ➡️ Pay Items ➡️ Leave menu?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Patrick_8319167

Hi Rav,

Please see below is the setup for leave items:

Also, in the setting of leave accrual rate (by employee), should I select "yes" in "Accrued when on leave"? Because I find that some employee's personal leave been accrued if they took leave. eg, if the employee took 7.5 hours peronal leave, it accrued 0.2885 hours in personal leave for that employee (75hours x 0.038462 per time workes = 0.2885 hours)

Regards

Patrick

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,221 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Patrick_8319167

When was the last pay run you completed in Reckon Payroll? Has the pay date and/or pay period that you entered for that pay run passed in reality or is still currently in the future?

I think we may need to take a closer look at this because I don't think I've come across this situation before. When I look at your account using the email address that your Community account is registered under, I can see two books. Is this occurring on both or just the one?

The reason I ask is, I'd like to get access to the affected book(s) and if required get it over to my dev team for further investigation.

Can you please follow the steps outlined in this help guide below and let me know when you have so we can take a look.

Cheers

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Patrick_8319167

Hi Rav,

The last pay run is on 26 Sept that the paid date is 26 Sept and the period cover 1-30 Sept.

Both companies have the same issue. And I find that if the accrual rate is "per pay", then the leave can be accrual after the payrun. Because I need to process payroll today, so I adjust the accrual rate to "per pay" and I leave one employee "accrual rate " is by "per time worked". So I can see the leave will be accrued or not.

• Rav

Let me know how that goes but also ensure you've completed the steps in the guide I linked above so we can take a closer look if required.

Also, is this occurring on all employees or just a selected one/few?

• Patrick_8319167

Hi Rav,

It is occurring for all employees who "accrual rate" is "per time worked"

• Patrick_8319167

Hi Rav,

After the recent pay run, I have checked the leave balance. The leave balance for the employees who "accrual rate" is "per time worked" do not change, they are same as before the payrun. This means their leaves do not accrual after the run.

For the employees who "accrual rate" is "per pay", their leaves accrual after the pay run.

Could you please advise why the "per time worked" accrual rate does not work.

Many thanks

Patrick

• Rav

Hi @Patrick_8319167

Can you head into the setup of the earning item you're using and just confirm whether the 'Include in time worked leave accruals' option is ticked?

If its not, tick it and save.

Once that is done, you'll need to refresh the pay runs you've created so far in order for this change to take effect on the existing pay run.

To do that, edit the pay run(s) that have been created and just change something on it for the 'per time worked' employees ie. change the hours worked from 10 to 11 for example and save it. Once its saved, go back in and change it back.

Once that is done, recheck the employee's who this relates to.. Is there leave balance now correct?

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

• vittoria
    vittoria Member Posts: 36 Reckoner Reckoner

I have the same issue and been on the phone to tech support every week over the last 3 trying different things but each pay run Personal leave reverts to nil. I have set ticked the 'Include in time worked leave accruals' option but still no success.

So every week I adjust manually and then do a pay based on whatever changes tech support make but nothing they have tried seems to work.

Annual leave appears to be working?

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 277 Reckon Staff

Hi @vittoria

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regarding the issue that you have with the leave accrual balance. Can you please confirm the following things --

• Do the Pay slips have the correct leave balance till date of last pay run?
    • Create a Report for the Leave Balance Summary using the options below -

Login to Reckon Payroll -- Go to Reports -- Select Payroll Leave Balances

Please let me know, and I will have a look for you. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• vittoria

Hi

I've run the payroll leave report before however from last wk (as a result of whatever adj was made) and again this pay run not all staff appear on the Personal leave section (they use too).

Re payslips I elected not to show the balance of personal leave - the balance is only correct when I manually adjust each record (have done that 6 times already)

I do have a current case number if that helps CAS 258533

• Rav

Hi @vittoria

Do you have multiple Personal Leave items setup in your Pay Item list? You'll find this in Settings ➡️ Pay Items

If there's only one personal leave item, what is the setup/configuration of the item? Is it the same as below?

• vittoria

re set up -yes except do not want it on payslip

there are 2 personal leave items the extra one set up by your tech people

• vittoria

hi

last week tech support suggested I delete the personal leave item and then add it back on- I did and had to manually adjust balances.

report shows negative balances for approx 20 employees (35 total) even thou employee record does not.

have just done a pay run still not accruing correctly. further can't print report today? HTTP ERROR 406

• Rav

Hi @vittoria

A member of the team will be giving you a call shortly to take a look.

• vittoria

Hi @Rav

Still nothing ??

last week I was told still working on it do you have an update please ? CAS-258533-N7M4Y0 

• Rav

Hi @vittoria

The support team have escalated your case to our product dev team to look into as its not something they're able to solve immediately at the moment.

I've had a chat with dev and they were looking at your case this afternoon and are continuing to do so as it requires a bit more investigation. I've asked for it to be prioritised and rest assured, its in the right place to get addressed and the team will be in touch as soon as possible.