(Rebuilt) blank employees appearing above first employee

AdrianaM
AdrianaM Member Posts: 13 Novice Member Novice Member

Hello,

Not sure what has caused this, but recently after a back-up stopping midway, these employee names in the employee field appeared with a number and (Rebuilt) behind it, see image below. Is there a way I can delete them? or why they're there? I do import IIF files but been doing that all year without any issues.

Thanks

Adriana

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @AdrianaM

That's a strange one, I can't say I've seen that before 🤔

Are these active employees? I'm assuming prior to the rebuild, they had valid/proper names correct?

In regard to the rebuild itself, you mentioned that it stopped halfway, can you give us a bit more info on that. Was there a crash or did you choose to stop the rebuild while it was in-progress?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff

Dear @AdrianaM ,

I recommend re-sorting your Employee list - this should initially update the company file's listing of employees, then rebuild the company file again.

Once this is done, you should be okay to delete these employees.

If you're finding that the program crashes at any stage (resorting lists, rebuilding, deleting these employees), you should reach out to our Reckon Data Recovery team for further investigation.

You can reach out to them here: https://www.reckon.com/au/support/data-services/

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• AdrianaM
    AdrianaM Member Posts: 13 Novice Member Novice Member

@Rav not sure where they came from to be honest - they appeared after I ran a save backup (which crashed) and then I had to re-build as the option. Not quite sure but whenever I am running a backup it seems to crash?

@Alexander McKeown can you run through or send a link to instructions on how to re-sort the list please?

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2023

Dear @AdrianaM ,

More than happy to help.

1. In the "Banking" Drop-down, select "Write Cheques". You can also do this by pressing Control and W on your keyboard at the same time, or selecting the "Write Cheques" option on the Home screen.
    2. Click the drop-down arrow in the "Pay to the order of" field. Do not select any names.
    3. Press Control and L at the same time while the drop-down window is open. This should take you to the Names List.
    4. In the bottom-right-hand corner, click on the Name box. This should bring up a set of options.
      1. If this does not work, go to the "View" drop-down, and select "Re-Sort Lists".
    5. Select "Re-sort Lists".

Seeing as you are currently crashing during a backup, I have a sneaking suspicion you might have some kind of corrupt transaction. Has the software been crashing in any other section recently? Any slowness or odd figures?

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown