Annual leave accrual

vinhnguyen
vinhnguyen Member Posts: 7 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 10 in Reckon Payroll

when processing annual leave I found that payroll still accumulates annual leave hours for employees where it should not. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Support just said the program is not working properly and that I should manually change the annual leave hours after processing the payrun.

The old version b4 stp2 has a check box to accumulate annual leave or not but this new version does not.

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,320 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @vinhnguyen

If you don't want annual leave to accrue when the employee is taking leave then this can be configured in the setup of the leave item.

For example, as you'll see from the screenshot below from my test account it shows this employee doesn't accrue any annual leave hours for this specific leave item when they are on leave.

In order to set this, go Settings ➡️Pay Items ➡️ Leave ➡️ Select the specific leave item ➡️ Edit ➡️ Show other preferences ➡️ Untick the Include in time worked leave accruals option

Let me know how you get on.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,320 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @vinhnguyen

Can you please give us a bit more info on this, specifically in relation to the below -

when processing annual leave I found that payroll still accumulates annual leave hours for employees where it should not.

What is the setup of the employee that you've noticed this occurring on? When you say you're processing annual leave, do you mean you're paying an employee annual leave in a pay run?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• vinhnguyen

Hi Rav, the setup for the employee is that they accumulate annual leave at a certain rate per time worked and this is the same for personal leave at half the rate for annual leave. And yes to your question regarding paying the employee in a pay run

• vinhnguyen

As an example, my payrun for 28/12/23 an employee has 74.66 hours of annual leave. Pay run 4/1/24 she took 30 hours of annual leave but the payslip said she still has 47.28 hours of annual leave. It should only be 44.66 hours right?

• vinhnguyen

Thanks Rav. This should work perfectly. Why do support staff not know this and blame the program isn't working properly I wonder.

• Rav

Sorry about that, not sure what happened but the teams should certainly be aware of something like this. I'll feed this back to the leaders in the support team for review.

• vinhnguyen

also, within payroll, when I go to reports>payroll summary, I can not select the end date. I can select the from date but the the "to" date. Is there a way to do this Rav?

• Rav

What is happening when you attempt to select an end date? Are you running into an error message? If so what is the message?

Also, which browser are you using?

I've tried giving it a go in my account and it seems to be ok in the sense that I'm able to select a date period for the report, see example below -

• vinhnguyen

when I attempted to select an end date it only changes the from date and the end date is defaulted to today's date ie 11/1/24. I can change the from date to any date I want but can not change the end date. For example, I want to generate the payroll summary from 2/10/23 to 31/12/23. I can select the 2/10/23 for the from date but I can not select the 31/12/23 for the end date. The system won't let me. Everytime I try to put in the 31/12/23 for the end date, it uses this as the from date and the end date is still 11/1/24.

I use Microsoft Edge browser.

• Rav

I'm not sure how much of my explanation is going to make sense but when you open the date picker, select your start date (click on it), if it generates a date period just let it load, then open the date picker again and select the start date ie. click on it again and then select your end date.

It should work but if it doesn't try it out on Chrome, I just tested it out on my account on the Chrome browser and it seems to be ok but let me know how you go.

• vinhnguyen

many thanks for your help Rav. you are great... I followed your instructions and am able to generate the reports in both chrome and edge.. cheers.