28 degrees card bank connection now asking for MFA

Options
mich
mich Member Posts: 10

Hi there,

my 28 degrees card has stopping pulling transactions into reckon one. I've tried resetting the connecting, linking/unlinking and now for some reason it seems to be coming up saying "feed authentificiation needs MFA" -

I have MFA on my reckon one account and when i input my 28degrees password details to refresh/establish the bank connection etc it doesnt ask me for any MFA (which isnt set up on 28 deg either). is there anyway that I can trouble shoot this?

Answers

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hello @mich ,

If you go to Bank Connections, to the right-hand side of the bank link, you should be able to see a small key icon. Click this icon. It should take you to the setup screen where you can input your bank account's MFA, and re-authenticate Yodlee's connection to your bank.

If you do not see this key icon, then click on the "Authorize" status, and it should take you to the same place mentioned previously.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• mich
    Options

Is this the section you mean? I couldn't see a lock anywhere. This is the screen that popped up when i clicked authentification requires MFA as well.

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @mich ,

It is possible you have an alternate icon for reauthenticating. It should appear like the image below:

Clicking either "Re-Auth" or the orange chain/key icon should take you to reauthenticate your bank with Yodlee.

Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• mich
    Options

this is the thing though. I'm not seeing anything like that and when I click the red square the popup in my second post pops up and it doesnt let me change anything. I also don't have MFA enabled on my 28 degrees card so to be honest im not sure why it's asking for it. I've re entered my details multiple times to refresh as well

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @mich ,

I will send you a private message around this matter - it seems to be a small issue on our end, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same issue in a clients book, asking for MFA, feed was re-established 4 days ago and downloaded transactions. now not working again. If I click on the link chain or the Authorisation requires MFA then it comes up with the same popup and doesn't allow me to imput anything.

Having said that it was re-linked 4 days ago, and connection established with the MfA code sent to client. The book is also shared with me and I have MFA code requirement to access book.

Been emailing Bankdata support without success for 2 days, need to move forward.

PS, clients book when he logs in does not require MFA authentication.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,468 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)

If MFA is enabled on the bank end, it will need to be successfully verified when prompted in order for transaction data to be brought over. This is a requirement that we do not have any control over as its set and enforced by the specific financial institution.

Please note: This is separate and unrelated to the MFA that is set on a Reckon Portal account for Reckon One/Reckon Payroll books.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.