Employee timesheet entries

Jodie_10004988
Jodie_10004988 Member Posts: 36 ✭
edited January 30 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

Hi. I have been trying to find out how employees use timesheets in Reckon Payroll and whether they can add their times via an app. I don't seem to be getting anywhere over the phone or chat as one person is telling me that it can be done via Reckon Mate app and others say Reckon Payroll app and what I've found to read in help, isn't clear. Can someone please clarify if employees can enter timesheet hours either via the Reckon Mate app or Reckon Payroll app or whether the only option is to have them enter their hours on a desktop computer via Reckon One employee access?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,207 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 30

Hi there @Jodie_10004988

Sorry to hear there have been some mixed messages around this so far.

The ability for employees to add timesheet data is something that we'll be building into the Reckon Mate app for that data to then populate in Reckon Payroll for pay runs. At this stage however, its not available but certainly something on the roadmap for the product development team.

With that said, your employees can create timesheets which you can use to create pay runs however its not from an app at the moment. Instead, you can share your companion Reckon One book to your employee(s) which they can then login & access to create timesheets and input their data to it. There is a little bit of setup and configuration required which is pretty easy and I'll link a guide on this below.

If you have any questions, please let us know πŸ™‚

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jodie_10004988

Ok. Thank you so much for clarifying as it has been very confusing. I have created a timesheet in Reckon One for myself as a trial and can see how information populates in Reckon Payroll. Looks like we are going to have to wait for the Reckon Mate app to allow for timesheet entries as our employees don't all have access to a computer at work to allow signing into Reckon One and we can't rely on them doing it at home. Are there any other timesheet apps out there that are compatible with Reckon Payroll, as we are wanting to move in that direction in the near future to allow for flexibility of doing pays while being mobile or travelling for work. Currently having to collect timebooks to process pays.

• Jodie_10004988

Can you also tell me about who can approve timesheets and how we set it up so that a manager approves an employees timesheet and not the employee themselves? How to we nominate a manager to each employee so they can check off times and approve before they get used in Reckon Payroll? Currently, I am able to approve my own but I do have administrator status. What happens with employees, do we have to nominate someone?

Other question was about how to enter TOIL in the timesheet if its time worked but not to be paid for it but have it banked. How do you enter this into the timesheet so that the time adds to the leave accrual? Previously, I have entered it as a - as suggested by Reckon. Now the timesheet doesn't allow for a -.

Sorry, these are questions that I've asked in the chat and on the phone but not getting answers.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,207 Community Manager Community Manager

No worries at all @Jodie_10004988

Admittedly, I'm not an expert with timesheets so don't have answers to everything just yet but will check in with the product team for you on anything I'm not sure of.

Firstly, in regard to your employees, could an option be that they enter their timesheet data by logging in to the shared Reckon One book on their mobile via a browser app eg. Google Chrome/Firefox etc? Granted, its not the best experience as the site isn't optimised for mobile however they can access the timesheet section in landscape mode in a pinch.

In terms of approving timesheets, this can be done by using the approval functionality where an admin (or other user with the appropriate permission level) can review submitted timesheets before approving them. There's more info on this HERE.

If you wanted to nominate someone besides yourself to approve timesheets, it follows a similar process where you will need to share the Reckon One book with them and give them an appropriate role/permission level. I'll link some additional info on setting up new users and roles below πŸ‘‡

Creating a new user

Creating a role for your users

I'm not sure of the answer to your question about TOIL at this stage but I'll see what I can dig up from the wider teams.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.